Question: Which of the following is NOT an example of a user password policy?
- Users may not keep copies of passwords in their office
- Passwords must be eight characters long
- Users may share passwords only with their assistants
- Passwords may not be shared with any employee
Question: Passwords must always be shared with any person for any reason.
Question: Instant messaging can be used not only for business communication but also for personal communication.
Question: Which of the following is NOT an area user policies need to cover.
- Minimum length of passwords
- A description of websites user may or may not visit
- If and when to share passwords
- What to do when the user believes the password has been compromised
Question: What should an employee do if she believes her password has been revealed to another party?
- If it is a trusted employee or friend just ignore it
- Change her password immediately
- Notify the IT department
- Ignore it
Question: Logon accounts, VPN, network and any other resources should NOT be disabled for leaving employees.
Question: Always open email attachments coming from unknown sources.
Question: What is the best rule of thumb in access control?
- Allow the most access you can securely give
- Allow the least access job requirements allow
- Standardise access for all users
- Strictly limit access for most users
Question: Which of the following should be recommended as acceptable e-mail attachments?
- Flash animations
- Excel spreadsheets from a colleague
- Attachments the user expected
- Plain text attachments from known sources
Question: Which of the following is the best reason users should be prohibited from installing software?
- They may not install it correctly, which could cause security problems for the workstation
- They may install software that disables existing security programs on your machine
- Software installation is often complex and should be done by professionals
- If a user’s account does not have privileges to install, then it is likely that a Trojan horse will not be inadvertently installed under her account