Question: What is the most common method of virus propagation?
- On infected floppy disks
- On infected CDs
- Through instant messaging attachments
- Through e-mail attachments
Question: What is heuristic scanning?
- Scanning using a rules-based approach
- Scanning based on a virus definition file
- Scanning only system management areas (registry, boot sector, etc.)
- Scheduled scanning
Question: What malicious activity did the Rombertik virus attempt?
- It overwrote the master boot record
- It tried to overwrite parts of virus scanners
- It tried to overwrite key system files
- It sent out information about the infected computer
Question: In the event of a virus infection, the first priority is to contact the IT department.
Question: In the context of viruses what is a .dat file?
- A file containing system information
- A file that is infected
- A file with corrupt data
- A file with virus definitions
Question: What is active code scanning?
- Scanning that is occurring all the time (i.e., actively)
- Scanning for active web elements (scripts, ActiveX, and so on)
- Actively scanning for malicious code
- Actively scanning for worms
Question: The first known ransomware was the 1995 PC Trojan
Question: Which of the following should be the least important consideration when purchasing antivirus software?
- The type of scanning the software uses
- How quickly the software updates in response to new viruses
- How easy it is to configure and use
- Cost of the software
Question: Which of the below are famous Trojan Horses? (Choose two)
Question: The unfortunate side effect of heuristic scanning is that it can easily lead to false positives