Lok Sabha Internship | Government Internship for Students – Apply before 31st May 2022
Highlights of the Program :
Type : Internships
Applications Open :18 May 2022
Applications Close :31 May 2022
Number of Vacancies :8-10
About the Internship :
Applications are invited for the Lok Sabha Internship Programme viz., Lok Sabha Training Programme on Innovation, Research and Development (LSTPIRD) from Indian citizens between 18to and 25 years of age and possessing Graduation/Post graduation in any discipline such as social science and environment, International Relations, Law, Journalism, Finance, Management, Languages, etc. Further, the candidates who are pursuing professional courses of 4/5 years and have at least passed the first year of their course of study, may also apply for the Internship Programme. The applicant having work experience in any field viz., research, counselling, management, marketing, computers, and related fields will be given preference.
The selected candidates may opt for the duration of the Internship from 1 month to 11 months.
Selection and Eligibility
A total of ten interns will be selected from different disciplines of graduation/post-graduation. The interns will be selected directly from among the students who are graduates/postgraduates from the top 10 ranked Institutions/Colleges/Universities as per the latest NIRF ranking
(the year 2021 NIRF ranking) or are pursuing a professional degree of 4-5 years duration (having passed the first year of their course) from the top 10 ranked Institutions/Colleges/Universities as per the latest NIRF ranking (currently as per 2021 NIRF ranking). Only the students who have completed their graduation/post-graduation and are pursuing further studies from the top 10 NIRF ranked Institutions) (latest 2021 ranking).
Students having a consistent academic record with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in Class 10th and 12th standard and a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in Graduation and Post-Graduation may apply. The students of Science and Engineering streams have a minimum of 70% aggregate marks in Class 10th and 12th Standard and a minimum of 70% marks in aggregate in Graduation and Post-Graduation, may apply.
Terms and Conditions
- The intern shall not work in any organization during the period of the programme.
- In case the intern is applying for any job during the period of the programme, he/she shall take prior permission from the Lok Sabha Secretariat.
- The intern will observe office discipline, and punctuality and follow regular office timing during the period of the programme.
- The Lok Sabha Secretariat will not provide any accommodation/ transport facilities to the “Intern”. The intern may have to make his/ her own arrangements for accommodation/ transport during the term of the programme.
- The Secretariat shall have all the right to cancel the programme awarded to any intern without assigning any reason during the programme at any point in time.
- The interns shall be selected through the internship committee. The decision of the Hon’bleSpeaker, Lok Sabha shall be final in all matters concerning the programme.
- The interns shall not claim any employment in Lok Sabha Secretariat after completion of the programme.
No Objection Certificate (NOC) :
The applicant must submit/upload the NOC from the Institution/University’s Registrar/Head of the Department (HOD/Dean/Administrative Office) only, mentioning the duration in which he/she is available for the internship programme (if the applicant is currently pursuing the course of study/programme from the concerned Institution/College/University). The applicant who has completed his/her course of study or programme and has received the provisional degree or final degree certificate from the top 10 NIRF ranked institutions/universities, may submit/upload their provisional degree or final degree certificate in lieu of NOC.
While doing a programme in Lok Sabha Secretariat under the Internship Scheme, the Intern is required to have a minimum 75% attendance and they must mark in and out time on a daily basis. In cases of less than 75% attendance, no certificate of completion of the internship will be issued. The attendance record and the details of work supervision shall be maintained by PRIDE or Heads of theBranches/Divisions of the Secretariat where they will be attached.
Logistics and Support
Interns shall be provided working space, desktop computer, Internet facility, and access to Parliament Library for consultation of books, reports, debates, or any publications available relating to the areas of study.
CLICK HERE FOR OFFICIAL PLATFORM : CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE FOR OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION : CLICK HERE
APPLICATION FORM : CLICK HERE
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS, TELEGRAM CHANNEL, AND WHATSAPP GROUP FOR THE LATEST UPDATES ON FREE COURSES, CERTIFICATIONS, SCHOLARSHIPS, INTERNSHIPS, AND JOBS