Question 1: With regard to the Junos software architecture, which two of the following are found on all Junos devices? (Choose two.)
- multiple software daemons
- separation of control and forwarding
Question 2: What are two Junos processes? (Choose two.)
- routing protocols process
- Packet Forwarding Engine process
Question 3: The Junos software kernel is based on which operating system?
Question 4: Which two statements are correct regarding the internal link between the control plane and forwarding plane? (Choose two.)
- The internal link rate limits exception traffic to protect the Routing Engine against denial-of-service attacks.
- The internal link has a built-in rate limiter that is not configurable.
Question 5: What are three examples of exception traffic? (Choose three.)
- SNMP traffic destined to the Junos device
- Packets with special IP options fields
- OSPF protocol updates
Question 6: Which part of the Junos architecture handles ICMP time-to-live (TTL) expired messages?
- forwarding plane
Question 7: What are two functions of the Packet Forwarding Engine? (Choose two.)
- to implement policing, firewall filtering, and class of service (CoS)
- to forward packets based on the forwarding table
Question 8: When a non-root user connects to a Junos device and successfully enters a username and password, they are immediately placed at which level?
- operational mode
Question 9: In which Junos mode are users allowed to monitor and troubleshoot software, network connectivity, and hardware?
Question 10: In which mode can you configure a device running Junos?
Question 11: Which Junos mode should you use to view the status of interfaces on a router?
Question 12: Which statement about the Junos CLI is true?
- Automatic word completion can be disabled in operational mode.
Question 13: What information does the help reference command provide? (Choose three.)
- command default parameters and allowed value ranges
- command syntax
- the configuration level at which the command can be entered
Question 14: The auto-complete feature in the Junos CLI is triggered by which methods?
- pressing the Tab key for both variable and command completion and the Spacebar for command completion
Question 15: What information does the help topic command provide?
- software documentation describing features and configuration tasks within the Junos OS
Question 16: Which character in the Junos software CLI allows you to filter and manipulate command output?
- pipe character
Question 17: When you first log in to a router, how does the router indicate that factory defaults are being used?
- The router’s host name is Amnesiac.
Question 18: Which configuration command can you use to reset a Junos device to factory defaults?
- load factory-default
Question 19: After factory-defaults have been loaded, which two syslog files will be present in the configuration?
- messages and interactive-commands
Question 20: Which three configuration elements are considered part of the initial configuration? (Choose three.)
- management access interface
- root password
Question 21: What are two valid initial configuration methods supported on Junos devices? (Choose two)
Question 22: Which command would correctly define a Junos device’s hostname?
- user@host# set system host-name <name>
Question 23: Which Junos CLI operational command will gracefully shut down a router?
- request system halt
Question 24: user@host> set date 199708290900.00
- Which command correctly sets a Junos device’s date and time?
Question 25: Which two statements are true about the rescue configuration file? (Choose two.)
- You can load it by entering rollback rescue.
- You need to create it using the command request system configuration rescue save.
Question 26: Which two statements are true about login classes in the Junos OS? (Choose two.)
- Each login class is associated with one or more permissions flags.
- Individual commands can be explicitly allowed or denied.
Question 27: Which operational command allows you to quickly verify the state of all physical and logical interfaces?
- show interfaces terse
Question 28: The monitor traffic command closely resembles which UNIX-based utility?
Question 29: Which two statements are correct about the disable command and the deactivate commands? (Choose two.)
- If the interface is deactivated, the interface configuration is ignored during commit.
- If the interface is disabled, the logical unit will administratively shut down.
Question 30: In Ethernet networks, duplex mismatches will lower performance. Which error statistics can be seen if a duplex mismatch is present?
- collisions on the half-duplex side; framing errors on the full-duplex side
Question 31: When a local loopback is activated on a PPP serial link, which of the following indicates that the local interface is good?
- The interface shows a flag indicating that a loop is detected.
Question 32: Which operational command would you enter to see a concise display of which interfaces are up and which are down?
- show interfaces terse
Question 33: Which operational command is a valid way to view the status of an interface?
- show interfaces fe-0/0/0 extensive
Question 34: Which operational command is used to view status messages sent to a file named test as they are sent?
- monitor start test
Question 35: In which routing table would you find an OSPFv2 route?
Question 36: Which routing table is used for all IPv4 unicast forwarding?
Question 37: By default, which routing table is used to store unicast IPv4 routes?
Question 38: Which two statements are correct about routing tables in a Junos device? (Choose two.)
- There are separate tables for IPv4 and IPv6 called inet.0 and inet6.0, respectively.
- All running protocols can populate the routing tables at the same time.
Question 39: Which type of routes are held in inet.0?
- IPv4 unicast routes
Question 40: What is the role of route preference?
- It is used to determine which route should become active.
Question 41: What is a characteristic of route preference?
- A lower preference is better than a higher preference.
Question 42: Which operational command displays the routing table?
- show route
Question 43: Which operational command allows viewing of only OSPF routes?
- show route protocol ospf
Question 44: Which statement is true about a forwarding table?
- It stores a subset of information from the routing table.
Question 45: Which statement is correct about a routing policy term?
- A term acts like “if” and “then” statements.
Question 46: Your Junos device has a routing policy with three terms. The first term of the policy does not contain a terminating action. What happens to the routes after they have been evaluated by the first term?
- The routes are evaluated by the second term in the policy.
Question 47: Which statement is true about import and export routing policies?
- Import policies concern routes received and determine which routes get put into the routing table.
Question 48: Your routing table contains four static routes, which you need to redistribute to your OSPF peers. Which method would accomplish this task?
- Apply an export policy to OSPF, which will export the static routes to your OSPF neighbors.
Question 49: Which three of the following are considered match criteria in a policy? (Choose three.)
- AS path
- protocol ospf
Question 50: Which two of the following are considered match criteria in a policy? (Choose two.)
- AS path
Question 51: Which of the following is a valid match criteria for a firewall filter?
- from protocol tcp
Question 52: Which two policy actions are considered flow control actions? (Choose two.)
- next policy
- next term
Question 53: What is a valid action for a firewall filter?
- then count
Question 54: What are three terminating actions for a firewall filter? (Choose three.)
Question 55: What are two functions of the Routing Engine? (Choose two.)
- to build the Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding tables
- to build OSPF and IS-IS adjacencies