Question 1: What are three functions of the RE? (Choose three.)
- to manage the PFE
- to maintain the forwarding tables
- to monitor the chassis
Question 2: What are two functions of the PFE? (Choose two.)
- to forward transit traffic
- to apply the class of service function
Question 3: Which three statements are true about the PFE? (Choose three.)
- The PFE is the central processing component of the forwarding plane.
- The PFE uses Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding tables to forward traffic toward its destination.
- The PFE implements various services such as policing, stateless firewall filtering, and class of service.
Question 4: Which statement is true about exception traffic?
- Exception traffic requires some form of special handling.
Question 5: Which two features are implemented on the Packet Forwarding Engine? (Choose two.)
- class of service
- firewall filters
Question 6: What are two examples of transit traffic? (Choose two.)
- SFTP traffic that enters and exits the same interface on the local router.
- SCP traffic that enters one interface and exits another interface on the local router.
Question 7: What is a function of the PFE?
- to apply stateless firewall filters
Question 8: What is an “X” release of the Junos OS?
- a special feature release
Question 9: When considering the Junos 14.2R3.2 release, what is the correct order for each designator?
- [main release number] . [minor release number] [software release] [build number] . [spin number]
Question 10: What are two benefits realized by the disaggregated Junos OS? (Choose two.)
- The Junos VM becomes hardware-independent and can be deployed on any hypervisor without modification.
- The architecture facilitates programmability through provisioning the control plane, the data path, and the platform APIs.
Question 11: A packet enters a Junos device. No matching destination entry exists in the forwarding table. How will the device respond?
- The PFE responds to the source with a destination unreachable notification message.
Question 12: What is the initial prompt displayed when logging in as the root user?
Question 13: Which two keystrokes will auto-complete a command? (Choose two.)
Question 14: Which keystroke is used to auto-complete user-defined variables?
Question 15: Which two commands would you use to reset the candidate configuration to the active configuration? (Choose two.)
- rollback 0
Question 16: Which command verifies configuration syntax without applying the changes?
- commit check
Question 17: What is the maximum number of configurations, by default, that are recoverable using the rollback command?
Question 18: Which keystroke combination allows users to move the cursor to the end of the command line without deleting text?
- Ctrl + e
Question 19: Which command is used to replace a current configuration?
- load override
Question 20: What is the minimum system-defined user class required to issue clear commands?
Question 21: Which system-defined user class is able to perform all operations on a device?
Question 22: You have configured an SRX Series device for the first time. When you commit your configuration, the Junos OS notifies you that you cannot yet commit your configuration. Which configuration step must you complete?
- root authentication
Question 23: What are two default password requirements on Junos devices? (Choose two.)
- Passwords must be at least six characters in length.
- Alphanumeric character classes must be used.
Question 24: At which hierarchy would you configure a static MAC address for interface ge-0/0/0?
- [edit interfaces ge-0/0/0]
Question 25: Which command is used to load the rescue configuration?
- rollback rescue
Question 26: You are asked to configure your Junos device to automatically archive your configuration upon commit. Which two methods are supported by the Junos OS? (Choose two.)
Question 27: Which parameter would you use to prohibit the redistribution of a static route used for management traffic?
Question 28: You have entered the command show log messages | match “error|kernel|panic”. Which statement is correct regarding the keywords error, kernel, and panic in the output?
- The output will contain all messages from the file that contain at least one of the three defined keywords.
Question 29: What are two configurable physical interface properties? (Choose two.)
- link mode
Question 30: In your configuration, an interface contains multiple IP addresses belonging to the same subnet. You want to identify the IP address to use for packets sent to hosts on the same subnet. Which parameter would you use to accomplish this task?
Question 31: You are asked to enable the configuration archival feature on your Junos OS device. Which two backup scenarios exist? (Choose two.)
- When a specific time interval passes.
- When a user performs a commit operation.
Question 32: Given the following configuration, set system authentication-order [ tacplus ], which two statements are correct? (Choose two.)
- If the TACACS+ server is available and rejects the username/password provided, the user is not allowed to access the device.
- If the TACACS+ server is not available, the local user database is checked.
Question 33: You have received a request from the user, SecurityTeam, to notify their terminal connection only when someone commits a change to the configuration of a specific networking device. Which command would you input in this scenario?
- set system syslog user SecurityTeam change-log any
Question 34: How would you change the display so that 40 lines will be displayed in the terminal program when you are logged into a Junos device?
- Issue the set cli screen-length 40 command from operational mode.
Question 35: Which three actions are required to perform a unified in-service software upgrade (ISSU)? (Choose three.)
- Issue the request system software in-service-upgrade command on the master RE.
- Issue the request system software in-service-upgrade command on the backup RE.
- Enable graceful Routing Engine switchover (GRES).
Question 36: Which feature must you enable prior to performing a unified in-service software upgrade?
- graceful Routing Engine switchover (GRES)
Question 37: What would you use as a network tool to open a secure terminal connection from a Junos device to another device?
Question 38: What are two important steps when upgrading an SRX300 Series device? (Choose two.)
- Verify that enough space exists to upload the software package.
- Reboot the device.
Question 39: Which parameter of the monitor traffic command should be used with caution when considering storage space on a Junos device?
Question 40: You want to upgrade between two different Junos OS releases with no disruption to the control plane. Which software upgrade command should you perform?
- request system software in-service-upgrade
Question 41: You are attempting to upgrade the Junos OS on your device, but there is not enough space to complete the upgrade. Which parameter, added to the request system software add command, would solve the problem?
Question 42: Which two statements are true regarding dynamic routing? (Choose two.)
- Dynamic routing allows a device to automatically reroute traffic around a failure.
- Participating devices dynamically learn routing information from each other.
Question 43: Which routing table is used for IPv6 unicast routes by default?
Question 44: What is an example of an exterior gateway protocol (EGP)?
Question 45: Which three statements describe OSPF? (Choose three.)
- OSPF uses areas to incorporate hierarchy and allow for scalability.
- OSPF is a link-state IGP.
- OSPF calculates the best path to each destination.
Question 46: What is the default route preference for OSPF internal?
Question 47: Which statement is true about a virtual router routing instance?
- It can be used to create a separate routing table.
Question 48: Routing policies contain which two type of statements? (Choose two.)
Question 49: What is the purpose of the discard action of a firewall filter?
- The system silently drops the packet.
Question 50: What are two modes of unicast reverse path forwarding? (Choose two.)