Hi everyone, IIT Madras has Launched a Free Online Course on Python for Data Science. The course aims at equipping participants to be able to use python programming for solving data science problems.
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Final Year Undergraduates
PRE-REQUISITES: Knowledge of basic data science algorithms
BASICS OF PYTHON SPYDER (TOOL)
- Introduction Spyder
- Setting working Directory
- Creating and saving a script file
- File execution, clearing console, removing variables from environment, clearing environment
- Commenting script files
- Variable creation
- Arithmetic and logical operators
- Data types and associated operations
- Sequence data types and associated operations
- Pandas data frame and dataframe related operations on Toyota Corolla dataset
- Reading files
- Exploratory data analysis
- Data preparation and preprocessing
- Data visualization on Toyoto Corolla dataset using matplotlib and seaborn libraries
- Scatter plot
- Line plot
- Bar plot
- Box plot
- Pair plot
- Control structures using Toyota Corolla dataset
- if-else family
- for loop
- for loop with if break
- while loop
Week 4: CASE STUDY
- Predicting price of pre-owned cars
- Classifying personal income
Course certificate :
The course is free to enroll and learn from. But if you want a certificate, you have to register and write the proctored exam conducted by us in person at any of the designated exam centres.
The exam is optional for a fee of Rs 1000/- (Rupees one thousand only).
Date and Time of Exams: 26 September 2021 Morning session 9am to 12 noon; Afternoon Session 2pm to 5pm.
CRITERIA TO GET A CERTIFICATE
Average assignment score = 25% of average of best 3 assignments out of the total 4 assignments given in the course.
Exam score = 75% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100
Final score = Average assignment score + Exam score
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A CERTIFICATE ONLY IF AVERAGE ASSIGNMENT SCORE >=10/25 AND EXAM SCORE >= 30/75. If one of the 2 criteria is not met, you will not get the certificate even if the Final score >= 40/100.
Certificate will have your name, photograph and the score in the final exam with the breakup.It will have the logos of NPTEL and IIT Madras .It will be e-verifiable at nptel.ac.in/noc.