Hi everyone IIT Madras has launched a Free Data Science Course on the platform of SWAYAM. You will get access to an 8-week free online course with assignments and at last, an exam which you have to clear in order to get the certificate from AICTE and IIT Madras. So do not waste this opportunity, get all the details below and apply
Learning Objectives :
- Introduce R as a programming language
- Introduce the mathematical foundations required for data science
- Introduce the first level data science algorithms
- Introduce a data analytics problem solving framework
- Introduce a practical capstone case study
- Describe a flow process for data science problems (Remembering)
- Classify data science problems into standard typology (Comprehension)
- Develop R codes for data science solutions (Application)
- Correlate results to the solution approach followed (Analysis)
- Assess the solution approach (Evaluation)
- Construct use cases to validate approach and identify modifications required (Creating)
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Any interested learner
PREREQUISITES: 10 hrs of pre-course material will be provided, learners need to practice this to be ready to take the course.
- Week 1: Course philosophy and introduction to R
- Week 2: Linear algebra for data science
- Algebraic view – vectors, matrices, a product of matrix & vector, rank, null space, solution of an over-determined set of equations and pseudo-inverse)
- Geometric view – vectors, distance, projections, eigenvalue decomposition
- Week 3: Statistics (descriptive statistics, the notion of probability, distributions, mean, variance, covariance, covariance matrix, understanding univariate and multivariate normal distributions, introduction to hypothesis testing, the confidence interval for estimates)
- Week 4: Optimization
- Week 5: 1. Optimization 2. Typology of data science problems and a solution framework
- Week 6: 1. Simple linear regression and verifying assumptions used in linear regression 2. Multivariate linear regression, model assessment, assessing the importance of different variables, subset selection
- Week 7: Classification using logistic regression
- Week 8: Classification using CNN and k-means clustering
The course is free to enroll and learn from. But if you want a certificate, you have to register and write the proctored exam conducted by us in person at any of the designated exam centres.
The exam is optional for a fee of Rs 1000/- (Rupees one thousand only).
Date and Time of Exams: 26 September 2021 Morning session 9am to 12 noon; Afternoon Session 2pm to 5pm.
Registration url: Announcements will be made when the registration form is open for registrations.
The online registration form has to be filled and the certification exam fee needs to be paid. More details will be made available when the exam registration form is published. If there are any changes, it will be mentioned then.
Please check the form for more details on the cities where the exams will be held, the conditions you agree to when you fill the form etc.
CRITERIA TO GET A CERTIFICATE
Average assignment score = 25% of average of best 6 assignments out of the total 8 assignments given in the course.
Exam score = 75% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100
Final score = Average assignment score + Exam score
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A CERTIFICATE ONLY IF AVERAGE ASSIGNMENT SCORE >=10/25 AND EXAM SCORE >= 30/75. If one of the 2 criteria is not met, you will not get the certificate even if the Final score >= 40/100.
Certificate will have your name, photograph and the score in the final exam with the breakup.It will have the logos of NPTEL and IIT Madras .
Only the e-certificate will be made available. Hard copies will not be dispatched.