Hi everyone, this post is regarding an online internship carnival in the framework of the National InterDisciplinary Cyber-Physical System organized by IIT Ropar. This Internship Carnival will lead you to paid internships for a duration of 6 months at IIT Ropar and up to Rs 10 Lakh grant for 5-10 winners. Isn’t it Amazing? Let’s discuss the complete procedure :
Mode of internship: Online
Join my Whatsapp Group
Duration : May 24- June 19 , 2021 (8 weeks)
Exceptionally talented students at the level of 2nd / 3rd / 4th year UG (engineering) from any engineering institute/university/college with specialization in but not limited to Aerospace, Computer Science & Engineering, Chemical, Mechanical, Production, Metallurgy, Materials, and Civil Engineering.
System Level/CAD/CAE Modeling tools, e.g., Matlab-Simulink, CATIA, Ansys, Microsoft Office Suite.
District Collector Internship Program | Government Internship | Free Certificate
Internship in Ministry of Internal Trade | Free Government Internship | Any degree Student | Paid Internship | Free Government Internship Certificate
Also Read : Free DSA Course With Free Certificate
Online Certificate Course on Space Technology and its Application | ISRO Free Certification
- 1. Portfolio of Projects Executed: A document providing a summary of projects executed by you as a team leader or member highlighting your passion towards technology and innovation.
- 2. A 3 minute video story about your vision to execute the project and the relevant experience.
- 3. On the basis of the recommendation letter provided by your reference given in the application form. Note: letter of recommendation will only be collected for 200 provisionally selected participants by Carnival Organizers after the first shortlisting.
- Call for Applications: 6th May 2021
- Last Date: 16th May 2021 / 5:00pm (Indian Standard Time)
- Number of internship available: 100
- Number of Projects: 10
- Number of Teams: 20
- Stipendium: Rs. 10,000/- per intern for the entire duration of the internship.
An interdisciplinary team of 5 members will be constituted by the Hub from the applications shortlisted against the call to work on a specific project.
Award for Winning Team:
There will be 10 winning teams. One team will be selected from the two teams working on the same project on the basis of the comprehensive solution offered by the team.
NASA “Scientist for a Day” Certificate | NASA Certification
Timeline of internship
|Weeks||Outline of the activities|
|1||Extensive training by the volunteers from Industry/Academia on topics related to the projects which include Design thinking, Advance CAD practices, CFD and Finite Element Analysis, Advance topics in Systems level modeling, Life Cycle Analysis, Project Management, Patent Search, Manufacturing simulations, Techno-economic analysis etc.|
|2||Detailed problem statement to be provided by the Hub, Brainstorming Sessions, Patent search and Literature review, etc|
|3-8||Synthesis of the problem, analysis, optimization, evaluation, preparation for the patent document, report generation and finally the project presentation|
- 1. At the end of internship, all teams will be asked to make the presentation on their work along with the submission of the detailed project report and regular progress log file by individual members.
- 2. The evaluation will be based on the submitted report/regular progress log file by individual members and presentation in front of experts from Partner Industry and Academia as well as other team members and all the applicants of the internship carnival who couldn’t get selected.
- 3. The final presentations will be aired on the public platforms.
- 4. One team for every project will be announced winner of the competition on the basis of their comprehensive performance.
Award and Recognition:
- 1.All members of the winning teams will be offered paid internships for a duration of 6 months at IIT Ropar as per their academic schedule and convenience.
- 2. Winning team will be offered travel and stay at IIT Ropar to explore the possibilities of future collaboration and meeting the mentor faculty members.
- 3. 5 out of 10 winner teams may be supported with a seed grant up to Rs. 10 lakhs for running a startup.