AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls Students -2021 | Apply Online , Eligibility , Check Dates
The scheme being implemented by AICTE aimed at providing assistance for the advancement of Girls pursuing technical education. Education is one of the most important means of empowering women with the knowledge, skill, and self-confidence necessary to participate fully in the development process. This is an attempt to give young women the opportunity to further their education and prepare for a successful future by Empowering Women through Technical Education”.
To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Be a girl student
- Be pursuing a technical degree/diploma course in the first year or Second year (through lateral entry only) on the basis of the percentage of marks obtained in the 10+2/equivalent examination
- Have a family income of less than INR 8 LPA
- PRAGATI SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR GIRL STUDENTS ( TECHNICAL DEGREE)Open till 30-11-2021
- PRAGATI SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR GIRL STUDENTS ( TECHNICAL DIPLOMA)Open till 30-11-2021
AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIP:
1) Rs. 50,000/- per annum for every year of study i.e. maximum 4 years for first-year admitted students and maximum 3 years for the second year admitted students through lateral entry as lump sum amount towards payment of college fee, purchase of computer, stationeries, books, equipment, software, etc. No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
2) No documentary proof needs to be attached for the above while availing benefits.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING:
1) The candidate fulfilling the eligibility conditions is required to apply online on National Scholarship Portal (NSP) after initiation of the application process and notice to be published on the AICTE website.
2) The host institution where the candidate is studying, required to verify the online application.
3) Department of Technical Education (DTE) of respective State/ UT will verify these applications as the second level of scrutiny.
CRITERIA OF SELECTION:
1) The selection of candidates will be carried out solely on the basis of merit of qualifying examination to peruse the Technical Degree course from any of the AICTE approved institutions i.e. in First year or Second year (through lateral entry only) on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in the 10+2/ equivalent examination.
2) State/ UT wise merit list will be prepared as per number of scholarships allotted in the point number 3.0 above.