- Type : Internships
- Applications Open :16 May 2022
- Applications Close :30 May 2022
About the Internship :
UNDP is working with the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and with the State Tribal Departments of Odisha, Chhattisgarh to FastTrack implementation of the Forest Rights Act. The support includes strengthening institutional capacity through the establishment of the FRA Cell, development of tools and mechanisms for implementation and monitoring and training and capacity building of the Act implementation agencies. In this regard UNDP is looking for an Intern who will work under the overall direction of the UNDP Chief, Advisor and in close supervision and collaboration with the UNDP National Project Manager- FRA to support the ongoing FRA related work through Documentation, data collection and provide administrative support to conduct workshops and webinars for a period of 6 months.
Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities of the intern include:
- Desk review of the related literature/report identified to capture the ongoing UNDP’s work on FRA and document the successful strategies and framework
- Assist in generating data and evidence to map how recognition of rights under FRA will contribute to achieving SDG indicators and Climate mitigation measures
- Support the UNDP team is hosting, conducting and documenting Workshops related to FRA and other Tribal related issues
- Assist in drafting final reports based on the feedback and inputs received, and submit for finalization including any further feedback and inputs
- Any other related task assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- Understanding of and/ or having experience of previous research on issues related to, Tribal issues in India, international development such as the SDGs and knowledge of the UN system is an asset.
- Good analytical and research skills
- Excellent drafting and editing skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working collaboratively in small and large teams.
- Good Communications skills Competencies (please revise as per requirement)
- Strong sense of collaborative work, excellent communication and interpersonal
- Keen attention to detail;
- Excellent analytical and research skills;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise;
- Willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda;
- Supports and acts in accordance with a final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
- Fluency in English
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher) in Statistics/ Social Sciences/ Public Policy/ Development Studies/ Economics/ Data Sciences or any relevant degree
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as a bachelor’s degree or equivalent)in the above-mentioned areas
- Have recently graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must start the internship within one year of graduation.
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
GET DETAILS AND APPLY : CLICK HERE
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS, TELEGRAM CHANNEL, AND WHATSAPP GROUP FOR THE LATEST UPDATES ON FREE COURSES, CERTIFICATIONS, SCHOLARSHIPS, INTERNSHIPS, AND JOBS