PM-DAKSH (Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi) Yojana is a National Action Plan for skilling of marginalized persons covering SCs, OBCs, EBCs, DNTs, Sanitation workers including waste pickers.
To improve all-round competency & adeptness of 2.7 lakh persons, over the next 5 years, beginning with nearly 0.5 lakh youth in the first year i.e. 2021-22, from the following sections of the target group:
Artisans–may be able to improve their revenue generation capacities within their practicing vocations,
Women – may be able to enter into self-employment thereby financially empowering themselves without neglecting their domestic activities; and
Youth from the target groups – may acquire long-term training and specialization in employable vocations giving them better standing in the job market.
Types of Skilling Programmes:
A.Up skilling /Re Skilling :
The training for rural artisans, domestic workers, sanitation workers etc. on the vocation of practice, such as pottery, weaving, carpentry, waste segregation, domestic workers, etc. along with financial and digital literacy.
Duration: 32 to 80 hours and spaced over up to one month.
Training cost will be limited to the extent of Common Cost Norms, besides Rs.2,500/- to trainees towards compensation of wage loss.
B. Short Term Trainings :
Various job roles as per National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF)/ National Occupational Standard (NOS), issued by MSDE.
Focus on wage/self-employment opportunities such as self-employed tailors training, furniture making, food processing, etc. along with financial and digital literacy.
Duration: Normally 200 hours to 600 hours and upto6 months, as stipulated in National Occupational Standards (NOS) and Qualification Packs (QPs).
Training cost will be limited to the extent of Common Cost Norms, besides stipend to trainees in case of non-residential training.
C.Entrepreneurship Development Programmes :
SC and OBC youth who have preferably undergone skill training under the PMKVY and are having an entrepreneurial bent of mind.
Curriculum to be modelled on the programmes of MoRD being implemented by the RSETIs. To be conducted by RSETIs, NIESBUD, IIE and other similar organizations.
Sessions on Business Opportunity Guidance, Market Survey, Working Capital and its Management, Business Plan Preparation etc.
Duration: Normally 80-90 hours (10-15 days) or as stipulated by MoRD.
Training cost as per norms of MoRD/Common Cost Norms (CCN).
D.Long Term Courses :
Long Term Training in sectors having good demand in job market for wage-placement of trained candidates.
Training programmes will be as per NSQF, NCVT, AICTE, MSME etc. in areas such as production technology, plastic processing, apparel technology, health care sector, etc.
5 months and above and usually up-to 1 year (upto 1000 hours), as stipulated by the concerned board/regulatory body of the training centre.
Training cost as per CCN or as stipulated by concerned Board besides stipend for non-residential programmes.
Key Features of the Scheme:
- Training free of cost for the trainees, 100% grants by Government.
- Stipend of Rs.1,000/- to Rs.1,500/- per month per trainee for trainees having 80% and above attendance in short term and long term training.
- Wage compensation @ Rs.3000/- per trainee (Rs.2500/- as per PM-DAKSH and Rs.500/- as per Common Cost Norms for trainees having 80% and above attendance in Reskilling/Up-skilling.
- Trained candidates will be provided certification after successful completion of training and assessment.
- Trained candidates will be provided placement after assessment and certification.
Target Group and Eligibility :
Candidates of age group 18-45 years belonging to any of the following categories can apply for the training programme under PM-DAKSH :
- Persons belonging to Scheduled Castes
- Other Backward Classes (OBCs) having Annual Family Income below Rs. 3.00 Lakh
- Economically Backward Classes (EBCs) having Annual Family Income below Rs. 1.00 Lakh
- De-Notified, Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribe (DNT)
- Transgender(TG) community
- Safai Karamcharis (including waste pickers) and their dependants.
Know More About the Program : Click here
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS, TELEGRAM CHANNEL, AND WHATSAPP GROUP FOR THE LATEST UPDATES ON FREE COURSES, CERTIFICATIONS, SCHOLARSHIPS, INTERNSHIPS, AND JOBS