Module 1: Introduction to Network Security
Question: Which of the following is the best definition for non-repudiation?
- Security that does not allow the potential intruder to deny his/her attack
- -Processes that verify which user performs what action
- It is another term for user authentication
- Access Control
Question: What is the acronym of URL?
- Uniform Reserved Location
- Unique Resource Locator
- -Uniform Resource Locator
- Uniformed Resource Location
Question: Malware is NOT a common threat for systems.
Question: The most desirable approach to security is one which is:
- Perimeter and dynamic
- Layered and dynamic
- Static and perimeter
- Layered and static
Question: What does a blocking attack seek to accomplish?
- Install a virus on a target system
- Shut down security measures
- Prevent legitimate users from accessing a system
- Break into a target system
Question: Which port does Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) run on?
Question: Subnetting is used to split a network into smaller portions.
Question: Which of the following is NOT one of the three major classes of threats?
- Denial of service attacks
- A computer virus
- Intruding on a system
- Online auction fraud
Question: Class A IPs with range 0-126 are reserved for multicasting.
Question: Which port does the Server Message Block (SMB) protocol run on?