NASA Internship 2023 | Summer Internship Programme for Students
About JPL :
NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federally funded research and development center managed by Caltech and a leading center for robotic exploration of the solar system. The JPL Education Office works closely with NASA and Caltech, as well as educational organizations and institutions to offer internship opportunities at the laboratory to students from diverse backgrounds and in various stages of their education.
About Internship :
The JPL Summer Internship Program offers 10-week, full-time, summer internship opportunities at JPL to undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
As part of their internships, students are partnered with JPL scientists or engineers, who serve as the students’ mentors. Students complete designated projects outlined by their mentors, gaining educational experience in their fields of study while also contributing to NASA and JPL missions and science. Students will also have the opportunity to participate in a number of enrichment activities, including tours, lectures and career advisement, arranged by the JPL Education Office.
- Currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering or mathematics disciplines from accredited U.S. universities.
- Minimum cumulative 3.00 GPA. The cumulative GPA must originate from the institution where the student has a current active status.
- Open to U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents (LPRs).
- First internship experience must be 10 weeks or more. Subsequent internship terms are flexible.
- Students must be available full time (40 hours per week) for at least 10-weeks in the summer
Main Highlighted Points
- Summer internships begin in May and June, on the first business day of each week.
- Participants receive a monetary award, given in monthly disbursements, for the period of the internship. Award amounts vary and are subject to change.
- Housing and travel allowances are not provided, however, program participants have the option of living in the Caltech dormitories for the summer guest housing rate.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 31, 2023 at 5 p.m. PDT
For JPL programs, once you have submitted your application to the appropriate program, your application will be reviewed by the Education Office to determine if the eligibility requirements have been met. Potential mentors will search and review applications in the database to determine finalists. Finalists are then typically interviewed by the prospective mentor, after which time the mentor may request that the Education Office issue an offer to the applicant.