ISRO Launched 3 Free Certification Courses for May 2023 | Applications Open Now
About ISRO :
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has successfully accomplished many space missions which includes 122 spacecraft missions, 90 launch vehicles missions, 15 student satellites, 3 Satellite realised by Indian Private Players, 2 re-entry missions and launched 424 foreign satellites from 34 countries.
So ISRO has launched 3 Courses and here are the details :
Course 1:Remote Sensing for Natural Resource Studies
ISRO Dehradun announces a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on “Remote Sensing for Natural Resource Studies” for School students. The objective of this online course is to provide knowledge and awareness to school students on various aspects of Remote Sensing and its Application . During this course, the technical sessions will be delivered by eminent space scientists of India. It will be an unique opportunity for young generation to understand this exciting domain of remote sensing technology and its applications.
The course is free and open to all the students of Class IX –XII from India and abroad.
Course Duration– June 12 to June 23, 2023
Procedure to Participate in the Course :
- Please register for the course through URL- https://isat.iirs.gov.in/mooc.php
- On successful registration in above website and activation of your account,
- you will receive your login credentials for E-CLASS Learning Management
- System (LMS) through email.
- Daily technical session will be available on IIRS E-CLASS LMS. Please login to: https://eclass-intl-lms.iirs.gov.in/login/index.php to get access of your course.
- During this course, total of 20 online video sessions will be conducted.
- Please watch the video sessions as per your convenience. You can watch it in multiple times. Based on video watch logs, your attendance for that session will be marked by the system.
- Once you have completed the video session, then please participate in the Quiz assessment available in the E-CLASS LMS.
- All the technical sessions and learning resources will be available till July 07,2023 under your account in the E-CLASS LMS.
Award of Certificate :
The Course Participation Certificate will be awarded from IIRS ISRO based on your attendance in technical sessions and your score in online quiz assessment. Minimum 60% Score in Quiz and 70% attendance in video sessions will be required to get course participation certificate
Course 2: Machine Learning Application in Urban Studies
The overall objective of this distance learning course is to promote awareness among users, researchers, urban planners, and professionals regarding the concepts of machine learning for urban related studies. The course aims to disseminate knowledge and practical applications
of machine learning techniques in the field of urban studies. Participants will gain a better understanding of how machine learning can be applied in urban-related studies and can help in addressing various urban challenges.
Following topics will be covered in this course
- Overview of AI/ML techniques
- ML/DL for feature extraction
- ML/DL for urban modelling
Hence, they invite you to attend this one-week online course on “Machine Learning Application in Urban Studies ”. The course is scheduled during June 05-09, 2023. The course will contain five lectures (One each
day) covering various applications of machine learning/deep learning in urban studies.
Who can Apply ?
The candidate who wants to participate in the course should be a student of final year undergraduate course or postgraduate course (any year). Technical / Scientific Staff of Central / State Government / Faculty / researchers at university / institutions in the field of Urban & Regional Planning, Geospatial Technologies, Civil Engineering, Architecture and Modeling Community are also eligible to apply for this course
Important Dates :
The last date for receiving online applications for the course on June 02, 2023 Till 1700 hrs
The course will be conducted online during June 05-09,2023 via the IIRS eclass platform
All participants will be awarded a certificate of participation based on 70% attendance during the online classes.
Course 3: One day workshop On Geomatics in Urban Disasters ,May 24, 2023
Geospatial technologies such as remote sensing,Geographic Information System (GIS) and Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) can be
employed effectively for assessment and modeling of disasters
Objective of the Course : To familiarize urban planners and administrators with application of geospatial techniques in risk modelling of various hazards in urban areas.
The course is designed for Professionals,researchers and students (at least Graduate)engaged in the field of Urban & Regional Planning,Geospatial Technologies, Disaster Risk and Mitigation, Environmental Studies, Civil Engineering,Architecture and Modeling Community.
Award of Certificate :
All the participants who attend the programme through e-class portal will get a e-certificate for participation