Question 1: Which of the following statements best describes a white-hat hacker?
- Security professional
- Former black hat
- Former grey hat
- Malicious hacker
Question 2: A security audit performed on the internal network of an organization by the network administration is also known as?
- Grey-box testing
- Black-box testing
- White-box testing
- Active testing
- Passive testing
Question 3: What is the first phase of hacking?
- Maintaining access
- Gaining access
Question 4: What type of ethical hack tests access to the physical infrastructure?
- Internal network
- Remote network
- External network
- Physical access
Question 5: The security, functionality, and ease of use triangle illustrates which concept?
- As security increases, functionality and ease of use increase
- As security decreases, functionality and ease of use increase.
- As security decreases, functionality and ease of use decrease
- Security does not affect functionality and ease of use.
Question 6: Which type of hacker represents the highest risk to your network?
- Disgruntled employees
- Black-hat hackers
- Grey-hat hackers
- Script kiddies
Question 7:When a hacker attempts to attack a host via the Internet it is known as what type of attack?
- Remote attack
- Physical access
- Local access
- Internal attack
Question 8: Which of the following is a tool for performing footprinting undetected?
- Whois search
- Ping sweep
- Host scanning
Question 9: What is the next step to be performed after footprinting?
- System hacking
- Active information gathering
Question 10: Which is an example of social engineering?
- A user who holds open the front door of an office for a potential hacker
- Calling a help desk and convincing them to reset a password for a user account
- Installing a hardware keylogger on a victim’s system to capture passwords
- Accessing a database with a cracked password