Financial Safety in Cyberspace Quiz Answers
- Which crime among the following targets individuals with scams, willing to “invest” their savings and other assets in order to make the promised “Big Bucks”?
Fraud against the elderly
- If you visit an ATM to withdraw funds, you will use the debit card. In what manner, will you enter your PIN in the ATM?
Ask someone to enter for you
Disclose to everyone who is standing behind you
You will make sure that no one is standing too close to you while you transact at an ATM.
Option a & b
- Select the toll free helpline number to report cyber crimes in India.
- Smishing is a type of attack done over _.
- How can you tell if someone is phishing for your personal information?
All of the above
- If you think someone has misused your personal or financial information, the first thing you should do is:
Block all of your credit cards.
Report to the bank that your personal detail is being used by someone.
Call your friends and family and put them on the lookout for someone pretending to be you.
Close all your accounts.
- If you are selling an item on an online selling platform and the buyer is showing interest in the item you are selling & agrees to pay all of the asked amounts. Thereafter, he/she asks you to scan a QR-Code so that he/she can send you money, what will you do?
Scan the QR code for the payment
Will not scan the code
Share Your Banking details or QR-Code to receive the payment
- State whether True or False. We should not share the photographs of our Debit/ Credit Cards on social media platforms.
- “Your KYC is Expired”. If you receive such SMS which induces fear, what should be done?
Immediately call number mentioned in SMS.
Visit branch to confirm the genuineness of SMS.
Forward the SMS to your friends/relatives
Follow instructions and install remote access app in the mobile to complete KYC.
- What should you do in case an unknown investment application provides very high commission in short time?
Invest without any due diligence to earn high commission.
Rely on online reviews blindly to conduct due diligence.
Refrain from such investments unless scheme is approved by agencies.
Share the investment scheme with your friends and family.
- In case of a failed transaction, what is the recommended step?
Search for customer care number from advertisement or blog.
Search for customer care number inside application or on official website
Post query on social media support handles with confidential details
None of the above
- Will you use a public WiFi network while logging into any of your accounts having confidential information?
- How to secure your Credit / Debit Cards?
Ignore notifications and SMS of credit/debits.
Save debit card details on any untrusted site for discounts.
Share your card details with anyone over call.
Set transaction limits on Credit/Debit Cards using mobile app/internet banking.
- What are the best practices in order to create a secure password?
Use your date of birth
Use your name or a family members’ name
Use the combination of capital letters, small letters, special characters, numbers
Use your phone number
- Which of the following is not a mode of account debit?
- Which of the following is not done by cyber criminals?
Unauthorized account access
Mass attacks using trojans as botnets
E-mail spoofing and spamming
Report vulnerability in any system
- Which crime involves stealing of personal information such as bank account, & using that information to steal from the person?
- If you see an online advertisement which claims to work from home and earn money without any major hurdles, wherein you have to pay a certain amount before joining officially, what will your step be?
Yes, because could be legit
Ignore it as it could be a scam
Confirm from cyber professionals
- If a high end smart phone is available at ₹500 on an unknown shopping website, what should you do?
Proceed only after thoroughly verifying the authenticity.
Everything online is trustworthy. Use credit/debit card and order immediately
Share the shopping site with friends and family
None of the above
- Can a malware/ virus be used to hack internet banking?
Internet banking is safe from malware attack.
I don’t know
None of the above
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS, TELEGRAM CHANNEL, AND WHATSAPP GROUP FOR THE LATEST UPDATES ON FREE COURSES, CERTIFICATIONS, SCHOLARSHIPS, INTERNSHIPS, AND JOBS