ETH Student Summer Research Fellowship Programme (ETH SSRF) 2022 [Fully Funded to Switzerland] for students: Click here to Apply
The Student Summer Research Fellowship (ETH SSRF) programme offers undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to gain their first research experience in an area of their choice. The fellowship provided by the Computer Science Department of ETH takes place during two summer months and is open to all students worldwide. The department is committed to increasing diversity in the computer science area.
List of research areas
Research opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Theory and Algorithms
- Networked Systems and Parallel Computing
- Pervasive Computing and Cyberphysical Systems
- Information and System Security
- Data Management and Machine Learning
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Visual Computing
You are eligible for the ETH Student Summer Research Fellowship program if you satisfy the following conditions:
- You are enrolled in a study programme (bachelor or master) in computer science or a closely related field (e.g., electrical engineering, mathematics, physics)
- Your expected graduation date in your current study programme (bachelor or master) is in the year following the fellowship or later
- You will have completed two years of study by start of the programme (master students naturally satisfy this condition)
- The duration of the fellowship is the full two months of July and August, during which time you must be present
- Due to the current COVID-19 safety measures, travel restrictions and quarantine rules, participants must provide a valid certificate of vaccination against COVID-19 with an approved vaccinecall_made or proof of recovery at the beginning of the programme
The programme is conducted exclusively in English. Although formal evidence of language proficiency is not required, the fellowship requires a good working knowledge of English and it may be assessed at an interview.
Your application will be evaluated on the basis of the documents provided. The last step of the application process may include an interview conducted with the shortlisted candidates.
- Gain two months of research experience in computer science at a top international university
- Pursue a research project that aligns with a chosen area of interest and be part of a research group
- Take part in exciting networking and social events
- Travel, visa and living expenses are covered by the fellowship
- Stipend: Fellows at ETH Zurich will receive a monthly allowance of about CHF 1.750 to cover housing and living expenses. Travel and visa expenses will be covered as well. Students can claim the travel costs against receipts at the beginning of the program.