As a part of the “World Environment Day celebration”, an online quiz competition on the theme of “Ecosystem Restoration and its related aspects, is being organized by the Central Pollution Control Board, MOEF&CC in association with MyGov.
Terms and Conditions:
- This is a timed quiz with 10 questions to be answered in 120 seconds
- The quiz shall open on 5th June, 2021 at 18:30 hours and will close at 23:59 hours (IST) on 25th June, 2021.
- These questions will be randomly picked from the question bank.
- Winners will be adjudged on the basis of maximum number of correct answers.
- In case of multiple participants having given same number of correct answers, the participants who take the least time to complete the quiz will be adjudged the winner.
Here are the questions and answers of this quiz :
The word ‘Environment’ is derived from
When is earth day observed?
(a) 20 March
(b) 22 April
(c) 5 June
(d) 24 September
What is the safe level of noise intensity for humans?
Upto 90 decibels
Upto 70 decibel
Upto 80 decibels
Upto 50 decibels
The presence of _ in a water body is an indicator of water pollution.
(c) Deinococcus radiodurans
(d) None of the above
Which of the following are the negative health effects of noise pollution?
Stress and headache
All of the above
Which of the following techniques is used to remove fluorides from the water bodies?
Both b and c
Fecal coliform levels are monitored because
they cause diseases in humans
pathogens are relatively scarce in water, making them difficult to monitor directly.
there is a correlation between fecal coliform counts and the probability of contracting a disease from water
there is a correlation between fecal coliform counts and the level of nitrites in the water.
World environment day is on:
a. 5th May
b. 5th June
c. 18th July
d. 16th August
The objective of Environment studies is
a. Raise consciousness about environment conditions
b. To teach environmentally appropriate behaviour
c. Create an environmental ethic sensitive society
d. All of the above
The Water Act contains?