Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) 2021 for Railway Protection Force | Apply by Nov 30
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) was announced by the then Hon’ble Prime Ministers of India in his address to the nation form the historical Red Ford on 15th August, 2005. Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme was introduced from the Academic year 2008-09 for RPF. It was introduced to encourage higher technical and professional education for the dependent wards of Ex/Serving RPF/RPSF personnel and widows (below the Rank of Gazetted officer)
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a dependent ward of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel or widow
- Have secured 60% and above marks in Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) i.e. class 12, Diploma/Graduation
- Be pursuing a Professional or Technical degree course (B.E, B.Tech, MBBS, MCA, BCA, B.Pharma, B.Ed, BBS, BCA, MCA, B. Pharma, etc) recognized by respective government authorities like AICTE, MCI, UGC, NCTE, etc.
Courses Elligibile after this scholarship :
Professional Degree Courses like BE, B.Tech, BDS, MBBS, BEd, BBS, BCA, MCA B.Pharma, etc. duly recognized by the respective Government Regulatory Bodies, such as All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Medical Council of India(MCI), University Grants Commission (UGC), National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) etc. (Master Degree Courses are not eligible for PMSS except MBA, MCA). Detailed list of courses is enclosed as Annexure-I. Students studying abroad are not eligible for this scheme. No distance learning course is permitted under this scheme. PMSS can be availed for one course only.
Note: Only two wards per family can receive benefits under this scholarship and they should be ensured by the beneficiaries as well as by the concerned zonal railways/RPSF.
AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIP
(a) The amount of scholarship would be as follows:
(i) 2000/- per month for male students
(ii) 2250/- per month for female students
(b) The payment of scholarship will be granted after approval of the DG/RPF as per order of merit in each year.
LETTER FROM HON’BLE PRIME MINISTER – All applicants selected under new category will be given personal letter from Hon’ble Prime Minister inappropriate language.
DURATION OF THE SCHOLARSHIP: One to five years as per duration of course.
Following documents shall be uploaded while applying for the scholarship online:
- Service Certificate issued by respective offices of the serving personnel for category 4.
- A copy of the PPO/discharge certificate/book for Categories 1, 2, and 3.
- Duly attested scanned copy of the mark-sheet/Grade card of 10+2/ diploma/graduation.
HOW TO APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIP :
From the academic year 2017-18 onwards, the PMSS for RPF (Ministry of Railways) will be implemented through National Scholarship Portal (NSP2.0). For this, all the eligible applicants need to apply online on the website www.scholarship.gov.in.