Morgan Stanley Summer Internship – Summer Associate | Apply before 15th Feb 2023
About the Internship :
The program has been designed to develop highly motivated professionals by providing a stimulating and supportive environment to understand the business and achieve the maximum potential. On joining, you will go through a training program that covers Morgan Stanley Fund Services as a business, global financial products, applications, and systems training.
Summer Analysts spend eight – ten weeks working on client deliverables, understanding the business model and how MSFS supports its clients as an independent fund administrator.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand the hedge fund administration business.
- Understand the global financial products like Equities, Swaps, Bonds, Derivatives, Credit Default Swap (CDS), Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Forex (FX), Over the Counter (OTC) etc. and learn accounting processes for the same.
- Price verification of financial products in client portfolio.
- Daily and month-end reconciliations of client portfolio.
- P&L analysis of client portfolio.
- Ensure adherence of internal checks with regards to policies, and procedures and offering documents of hedge funds.
Skills Required :
- Basic understanding and an interest for financial products coupled with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Interest in accounting and its related concepts.
- Experience in MS Office preferably Excel.
- Outstanding academic record with success in extracurricular activities, along with strong communication skills and the ability to work and interact with others.