National Informatics Centre (NIC) has been instrumental in steering eGovernment/eGovernance applications in Government ministries/departments at the Centre, States, Districts and Blocks, facilitating improvement in government services, wider transparency, promoting decentralized planning and management, resulting in better efficiency and accountability to the people of India.
An internship is an opportunity for a student to secure first hand and practical work experience under the guidance of a qualified and experienced Supervisor/Mentor. It also aims at active participation in the learning process through experimentation and putting into practice the knowledge acquired in the classrooms. For the larger benefit of the student community and with a view to enrich the management/implementation of its various schemes/programmes, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has decided to notify these “Internship Guidelines”, to provide a framework for engagement of Interns for a limited period.
Indian students from recognized universities in India who have secured at least 60% marks in the last held degree or certificate examination and pursuing:
- B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech (Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)/Computer Science (CS)/ IT/ Electronics & Communications (EC)/ Electronics/ Electrical)
- M.Sc.(CS/IT/ Electronics/ Electrical)
- MCA/DOEACC ‘B’ level
- B.A./M.A. in Economics (Hons.)*
- LL.B Students of LL.B would be considered for internship only in ‘Cyber Laws’ area.
- Students of B.A./M.A. in Economics (Hons.) would be considered for internship only in ‘Estimation of Digital Economy’ area. Desirable – knowledge of digitalisation, the factors that can be taken into consideration for estimation of digital economy, contribution of ecommerce, digital payments and other sectors.
Note:-The students who are in the last semester or who will pass out in summer 2023 will not be eligible for the internship. Only students who are in the previous one year will be eligible.
Possessing minimum qualifications as above shall not guarantee internship in this Ministry. Candidates having exposure in the area of intended internship with good academic background and having higher qualification, based on need shall be given preference.
Duration of Internship:
Internship would be offered once a year. The minimum duration of internship shall be of two months, extendable up to three months, depending on the performance of the candidate, requirement of the Ministry and time the Intern is willing to spend with the Ministry. .
Place of Internship:
The internship will be offered at New Delhi. .
How to Apply
- Visit URL http://meity.gov.in/schemes, click on MeitY Digital India Internship Scheme 2023->Apply for Internship
- Register yourself as an applicant (if not already registered).
- Click on Apply for Service or Login
- Enter User Name, Password and Captcha code given and click on Submit.
- Once logged in, on the left menu click on Apply for services and then click on View services
- Click on ‘Apply’
Interested and eligible students need to apply online ONLY on the Web Portal of Ministry for the Internship Scheme for the year 2023.
Recommendatation Letter from Sponsoring/Forwarding Institution where the applicant is currently enrolled in.
When marks of pursuing degree are obtained in CGPA, a letter from Institute stating the formula used for conversion in percentage.
Passport size photo and signature in digital format (png, jpg)
(i) The Interns will be shortlisted and selected by the respective organisations/Groups/Divisions for their concerned domain.
(ii) For selection of interns, personal or Skype Interview, may be conducted, if deemed necessary. No TA/DA shall be paid to candidates for attending the personal interview.
(iii) List of selected candidates would be displayed on the web portal.
(i) Every batch of Interns or individual Interns, as the case may be, will have a Scientific/Technical Project Supervisor/Mentor from the Ministry.
(ii) The internship is neither an employment nor an assurance of an employment with the Ministry.
(i) A token stipend of Rs.10,000/- per month would be paid to an Intern, subject to satisfactory performance, duly certified by his Supervisor/Mentor.
(ii) The intern shall be paid after the completion of internship on submission of Report duly accepted by this Ministry.
Certificate of Internship
Certificates will be issued by the Ministry to the Interns on the completion of internship and submission of Report duly countersigned and accepted by the Competent Authority.