Semi-Conductor Laboratory (SCL) offers Internship/ Project Work to B.E/ B. Tech and M.E/ M. Tech or equivalent course Students allowing them to fulfill their Course Study Requirement under highly experienced and trained Scientists/ Engineers.
Eligibility & Number of Seats:
The following category of students shall be eligible to undergo Project Work/ Internship at SCL:
- Students pursuing M.E/ M. Tech or equivalent course, preferably in Microelectronics, Electronics or Semiconductor physics from the Govt. recognized institutes may be allowed for Project Work. The number of seats shall be finalized periodically based on availability of Mentors and Suitability / Relevance of Topic/ Project to SCL.
- Students pursuing B.E/ B. Tech or equivalent course, from the Govt. Recognized Institutes may be allowed for Internship/ Project Work. The number of seats shall be finalized periodically based on availability of Mentors and Suitability / Relevance of Topic/ Project to SCL.
No fee shall be charged from students.
Procedure for Applying for Internship/ Project Work:
Interested and eligible student shall:
- Forward a letter duly signed by the Head of the Institute certifying the particulars of the student such as Enrolment No., Year of Admission in that Institute, Course being Undertaken, Year / Semester of Study, Photocopy of the Marks Sheets from Senior Secondary Class onwards. The said letter shall be sent latest by 31st March for the Internship training / Project Work commencing from June / July of that year and 31st October for the Internship training / Project Work commencing from 1st January of the next year to following address:
Address : Head – Human Resource Development Division
Project Planning Group
Sector 72, SAS Nagar – 160 071 (Punjab)
Ph: 91-172-2296404/6423; E-mail: email@example.com
- For M.E/ M. Tech Project Work: Student Resume, indicating Projects already undertaken or areas of interest for Academic pursuit with a specific recommendation to allow the student to undertake Internship/ Project Work at SCL be provided.
- A Selection Committee shall screen the Applications received and short listed students may be called for interview by the above referred Selection Committee. Based on the Committee recommendations, HRDD shall deliver the set of Application Forms to the Students selected for Internship/ Project Work for submission.
- Selected student shall be required to deposit a fee of Rs.100/- at SCL towards Application Processing and ID Card cost.
- Upon receipt of the above forms duly filled, signed by the Mentor and the concerned Head of Division and cost of ID Card, confirmation shall be issued to student.
Project Work/ Internship Procedure:
SCL Mentor shall allocate the project/ give assignments etc. to student. On completion of project student shall be required to deposit one copy of the Project Report with the Mentor and one with HRDD.
Compliance to Safety, Security and Disciplinary Regulations of SCL:
Every student registered for Project Work/ Internship at SCL shall be required to sign an Undertaking of Compliance to the Safety, Security and Discipline Regulations of SCL.
It may be noted that Students from Government/AICTE/University recognized institutes only shall be considered for Project Work/ Internship and that SCL reserves the right to reject any or all applications for Internship/ Project Work for B.E./ B. Tech or M.E./ M. Tech Students or close/discontinue the Project Work/ Internship without assigning any reasons.