Internship Opportunity (National HR) at Teach for India- Apply Now
Teach For India is on a journey to reach an India free of poverty and filled with love by ending educational inequity in our country. Twelve years into our journey we are a movement of 3800 Alumni working at all levels of the education system, who are reaching 1 in 10 children across the country. These Alumni have graduated from our two-year Fellowship Program where they taught in under-resourced classrooms to put 32,000 low-income children on a different life path. Today, we have 900 Fellows and are the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem in India.
In 2022, we embark on Phase 4, our fourth strategic phase. We have a bold and ambitious ten-year journey ahead of us that aims to grow 50,000 leaders, who will work collectively, and with love, to transform the lives of 1 in 10 low-income children in our regions, through an education that unleashes the potential of self, others and India. In this decade, five key priorities will lead us to this vision.
- Strengthen our core Fellowship to build strong teacher leaders who provide an excellent and equitable education to our children and continue to do so beyond the Fellowship
- Scale our impact by strategically introducing additional Fellowships as alternative pathways for leadership development
- Match the Alumni of our programs at an intersection of their interests and the needs of the system and our children
- Advocate for key issues that impact educational equity, and engage 3.5% of the population in the movement for educational equity
- Act collectively with our Alumni to learn about and address key issues in our regions.
Our work will only be completed when we have built a movement of leaders that is large enough to ensure that every child in India attains an excellent education.
We pride ourselves as being a passionate, idealistic, mission-driven team of individuals. We’re committed to learning and excellence in our roles, and to being deeply rooted in our core values.
Location : Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Ahmedabad
STIPEND : ESTIMATED Rs 10,000/PM
The Intern, Human Resources will be working directly with the National HR Team. They will support two important functions within the HR Team through varying degrees. The Intern will gain experience in data management and communication as well as the chance to add their expertise in any on-going project at that time.
We’re on the lookout for someone who can set aside a minimum of 6 – 8 hours per day within a week. This is a full-time, paid internship.
Currently, Teach For India has 220+ staff members and the Human Resources team is responsible for hiring, developing, and engaging this diverse, multi-talented, and passionate group of people. Beyond this, the Human Resources team also helps build awareness about Teach for India’s movement and engages with people who have expressed an interest in working for the organization. Finally, the Human Resources team also remains engaged with Staff Alumni, such that they continue to remain lifelong ambassadors for Teach for India.
Please note that the below is a broad description of the different responsibilities of an HR Intern. At Teach For India, the HR Team works on different priorities depending on the quarter or the milestones we are required to meet. Hence, depending on the time of the year, our HR Intern should expect a combination of the below priorities as well as an additional project based on interest, strengths, and bandwidth.1. Database Management – To clean up and reorganise existing Teach For India Community data on two different HRMS platforms (Salesforce & KEKA) by
a) Analysing existing data and checking for discrepancies across platforms for a 1200 strong community
b) Correcting the discrepancies identified by combing through existing documents or coordinating with the relevant authorities to get access to the same
2. Careers Website – To assist with redesigning our current “Careers” page by
a) Analyzing the important features of a “Careers” page and recommending shifts to TFI’s page accordingly
b) Conducting research to understand and advise TFI on what role the Careers page can play in defining TFI as an aspirational workplac
c) Creating excellent content – descriptions, audio-visual media – that will assist in sharing the stories and testimonials of our existing Staff, the process of hiring at Teach For India and more
d) Story-boarding our Careers page layout and coordinating with our designer to bring this vision to life
The HR Intern will be considered very much a member of the Human Resources Team and the wider HR Community at Teach For India. We’d like for our intern to immerse deeply at Teach For India by being an active participant in our HR Community and Team Calls, volunteering if that interests them as well as engaging in organization-wide initiatives.
Minimum Qualifications, Experiences and Expectations
- Pursuing / Completed an Undergraduate degree in any field
- Very high attention to detail and thorough in their work; a creative individual
- Strong data orientation (specifically with MS Office – Excel)
- Quick learner – This person will be working with Salesforce and KEKA (HRMS)
- Excellent written skills – ideally has some experience with the same
- Ability to prioritize tasks according to the need of the hour