Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational ScienceES (ARIES) wants to engage students who have recently completed a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or a Master’s degree in Science or Engineering from the renowned Indian University/Institution as CSIP interns. Exposure to these young talents is offered by the Institute’s R&D facilities (astronomy, astrophysics, atmospheric sciences and engineering).
Roles and Responsibilities :
The chosen interns will be predominantly involved in the activities of software development and data processing that are useful for the Institute. In their employment at ARIES, they have to apply computer, technical, analytical, communication, problem-solving and/or critical thinking skills. Exposure to these young talents is offered by the Institute’s R&D facilities (astronomy, astrophysics, atmospheric sciences and engineering).They will be asked to formulate policies, find solutions to complex problems, design and write computer programmes, test hardware and software, analyse and view information, discern the best data collection methods, develop access and processing techniques that meet the requirements of the ARIES R&D project. The interns would have access to state-of-the-art tech tools and software packages for computing.
Access to various online short-term courses on open-source applications such as C, C++, Java, Python, Python Django, Python Flask, R, Drupal, PHP/MySQL, Linux, BASH, Scilab, and many more will also be given.
Presently the projects available for Interns are typically in the areas of:
- Software Development
- Data Archival and Management
- Big Data
- Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence/Deep Learning
- High-Performance Computing
- Information Retrieval and Visualization
- Data Center Management
- Architecture & Systems
- Knowledge and Data Representation, Distillation and Sharing, Database Crawling, etc
Educational Qualification :
Bonafied students of any recognized University/Institution within India, fulfilling the following conditions are eligible to apply for the Internship:
- Under-graduate Engineering students, having completed/appeared in the 6th semester of the BE or B.Tech course from the recognized University/Institution within India
- Engineering graduates waiting for admission for higher studies/completed or pursuing Master’s/Post Graduate/research programme.
- Master’s degree in Science and/ or Engineering (M.Sc./M.Tech/MCA) from the recognized University/ Institution within India
Preferred Skills :
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (Python/Java/C++/C#)
- Sound knowledge on UNIX or Linux platform
- Sound understanding of areas such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object-Oriented Design, Databases, Clusters, Parallel programming.
- A fundamental knowledge of embedded processors, with in-depth knowledge of real time operating system concepts
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Previous Internship(s) experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Period: The period of Internship shall be at least 20 weeks but not exceeding six months. The Internship is neither a job nor an assurance for a job nor a permanent position in ARIES in any manner whatsoever.
- Stipend: The selected Interns shall be paid a stipend of ₹10,000 per month if no Accommodation is provided, otherwise they will be paid ₹5,000 per month if Hostel is provided.
- Termination: Director, ARIES reserves the right to terminate the Internship before the period of Internship in case of impropriety, misconduct, breach of conditions, irregular attendance or poor quality of performance.
- Experience Certificate: A certificate regarding successful completion of Internship detailing the projects that the Interns worked on during the period of Internship shall be provided. Interns not completing the requisite period will not be issued any Certificate.
- Logistics & Support: Interns will be required to have their own Laptops. ARIES shall provide them working space, access to the high-end servers, Internet facility and other necessities as deemed fit by the concerned Project Heads/In-charges.