For everyone who loves CRICKET and fiddling with DATA
Basic knowledge of cricket, Python language skills, analysing the data from previous matches and coming up with a code to predict the scores after 6 overs in every innings
A non competitive, “Guess the score” event is open to all the non-programmers who want to participate without writing any code. Special event t-shirts are up for grabs for participants in this category.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
- For upcoming T20 matches, participants should submit their code to predict the score at the end of 6 overs in each of the innings.
- This academic competition has been designed for beginners to learn and compete as well as professionals to demonstrate their capabilities. Even those who are new to data science, but have the interest to learn can go through the resources available online and try participating by using simple mathematical models.
- Participation can be as an individual or as a team with a maximum of 4 members.
- The individual/team with the lowest error in their prediction over 50 innings will be declared as the winner of the IIT Madras BSc Degree’s Cricket Hackathon 2021.
WHAT WILL BE SHARED
- Ball-by-ball data from 1600 innings of the past T-20 matches
- Sample input file which the code has to accept and process
- Some videos introducing basic data science concepts and introducing the data set
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CODING CONTEST
The actual contest will be run for atleast 25 T20 cricket matches (50 innings) between 26 April and 30 May. Actual dates will be intimated to participants soon.
- Each team will submit the code and a writeup of the logic/algorithm used, along with the score predicted by the code (when run on their local system prior to the match)
- During the competition, the teams can update and resubmit their code to improve their predictions at regular intervals.
- The cut-off time for updated submissions is 2:00PM (IST) for each match day.
- The participant should submit the code through their login on the site. More details will be shared with registered participants.
- After the match is over everyday, IITM BSc team will prepare the input file for each of the innings in the format shared on the website and execute the participant’s latest code against it. The points won by the participant will depend on how close the score predicted by the code matches the actual score.
- Every day, at 12 noon, the results of the match of the previous day will be released
- The leaderboard will display the winners of the day and winners based on cumulative points accrued.
Win Some Prizes :
The factors in deciding the overall winner of the IIT Madras Cricket Hackathon 2021will be:
- Lowest error in the prediction over 50 innings and hence points obtained
- The algorithm used for prediction
- For teams with similar points, earlier submission time and lesser number of code, revisions will be used as factors to decide the ranking
- Decisions of the IITM BSc team will be final in evaluating the codes and the winners.
Here are the prizes for the overall winners selected at the end of 50 innings of predictions.
- Top 5 individuals/teams will get a cash prize of Rs.1 lakh each along with the Certificate of Appreciation.
- Teams in positions 6 to 10 will get a cash prize of Rs 25,000 each along with the Certificate of Appreciation.
- Teams in positions 11 to 50 will get a cash prize of 5,000 each along with the Certificate of Appreciation.
- IITM BSc program T-shirts for unique winners getting into Leaderboard of the Day.
Other participants of the coding contest – dont lose heart! We have something for you too.
- Top 10 new winners who make it to the “Leaderboard of the day” will get IITM BSc Degree T Shirts