Google Ads Search Certification Exam Answer 2022 Updated
Question 1 . You are working to improve the quality score of a Google Search ad by increasing your eCTR. Your goal is to have more users click on the ad and ultimately visit your website.
What might increase the number of clicks that your ad receives?
- Decreasing the bid for the ad
- Adding more specifics to the ad
- Cloning the ad multiple times
- Tweaking the speed of your website
Question 2. Hank wants to use a ‘Maximise conversions’ campaign with the Performance Planner.
Which recommendation can be provided to Hank by the Performance Planner?
- A recommended Campaign-level Target CPA (cost per acquisition)
- A recommended average daily budget
- Recommended campaign bid scaling
- A recommended Campaign-level Target ROAS (return on ad spend)
Question 3.What does Performance Planner automatically do?
- Sets your ad budget for maximum growth.
- Uses machine learning to target new demographics.
- Recommends the perfect ad structure for your budget.
- Forecasts how your current campaigns will perform in the future.
Question 4.Each Similar Audience has its seed list members removed to ensure what?
- That only highly relevant traffic is targeted.
- That ads are shown in competitive positions.
- That ads do not risk double-serving.
- That no user overlaps between a similar list and its seed list.
Question 5 .Which user type would the Google Ads system closely match as an affinity audience?
- A student who is looking for loan advice
- A parent who is caring for their toddler
- Someone who has demonstrated a qualified interest in movies
- An individual who is interested in purchasing a car
Question 6 .Ingrid wants to acquire a lot of exposure for a new product line that she’s launching. She understands that she can reach a significant portion of people on the Internet with the help of a Display campaign.
- In what way will a Display campaign achieve Ingrid’s marketing goal?
- Her ads will appear above and below search results when people search for related keywords.
- Her business will be highlighted on Google Maps, with the option for customers to see her product line there.
- A video summary of her product line will be generated automatically by the system and placed on YouTube.
- Her ads will serve on website content related to her business or her customers’ interests, based on her targeting decisions.
Question 7 .John’s company makes a great product and customers are happy with their purchases. Unfortunately, few potential customers visit the company’s website.
What are two ways in which responsive search ads could help John’s company reach more potential customers? (Choose two.)
- With higher per-sale transaction returns, responsive ads increase the working budget for an advertiser’s active campaigns.
- With machine learning making the decisions, responsive ads are given preferential treatment by the system in every auction.
- With lower costs per click, advertisers using responsive ads can afford to be in more daily auctions.
- With multiple headline and description options, responsive ads can compete in more auctions for a wider range of search terms.
Question 8 .How can Performance Planner serve your business?
- By optimising your ad budget for maximum growth
- By determining which of Google’s ads are most appropriate for your brand
- By teaching your employees the fundamentals of personal budgeting
- By finding areas of your total budget that could contribute to marketing
Question 9 .What’s an accurate description of callout extensions?
- Extends ads with a phone number, allowing mobile users to directly call a business.
- A mobile-only format that enables users to contact a business via text messages.
- Additional links that direct users to specific pages of a website.
- Short, specific snippets of text that highlight value-adding attributes.
Question 10 .Marta’s online shop sells accessories for a widely used smartphone, and her current customer base shares a number of relevant characteristics. She believes that she’ll have her best return on investment by narrowing her Google Search campaign audience.
Which two Google Search campaign settings can be configured to reach more specific customers? (Choose two.)
- Device type
- Web browser
- Budget type
Question 11 .What content could be used for a structured snippet extension?
- Berlin, London, Paris, Singapore
- Free delivery
- Contact our team
- Text an expert now
Question 12.Silly Sayings is seeing a lot of website traffic, but the company wants to generate more qualified leads. They’re interested in trying ad extensions to see if they can increase the number of qualified leads that they receive.
In what way can ad extensions assist companies such as Silly Sayings in generating more qualified leads?
- By providing users with relevant information up front
- By attracting users with creative assets
- By dynamically using negative keywords, based on a user’s website content
- By presenting users with catalogue options for a product
Question 13 .When visibility is the campaign goal, which bidding strategy should an advertiser choose?
- Maximise conversions
- Enhanced cost per click (eCPC)
- Maximise clicks
- Target impression share
Question 14.Yan wants to attract customers specifically searching on Google for Time-B-Gone, his company’s unique office support product. His marketing consultant suggests using Dynamic Search Ads and knows that Yan will need to start with a simple approach.For vendors like Yan, what’s the simplest method for using Dynamic Search Ads?
- Categories from dynamic search engines
- URL filtering
- Page feeds
- Landing pages from standard ad groups
Question 15 .When running Remarketing Lists for Search Ads campaigns, some audience lists have a higher potential to convert leads than others.
Order the audience lists from highest to lowest potential. (The highest potential should be at the top.)
- Added an item to the shopping basket but then abandoned it.2
- Reached the checkout page but did not complete the purchase.1
- Visited the website in the past seven days but did not convert.3
- Visited the website in the past 28 days but did not convert.4
Question 16 .When creating an ad, how does Greg know what it will look like to his potential customers?
- He can see previews of all of his ads by logging in to his Google My Business account and choosing the Preview tab.
- He must type in the specific keywords that he’s targeting once his ad has been approved, then view it in a browser.
- As he types in his URL, headline and description, a preview of the mobile and desktop versions of his ad will appear.
- Google provides examples of desktop ads using the keywords selected in the campaign to create a generic preview.
Question 17 .Google Ads was designed to help businesses achieve online success. To accomplish this, Google Ads was built on three core principles.
What are these principles?
- Sales, consideration and integrity
- Influence, awareness and promotion
- Growth, reach and traffic
- Relevance, control and results
Question 18 .Lisa sells kitchen furniture through her website. While her sales are stable, she’s concerned that they’re not keeping pace with those of other online furniture shops.
How can a Google Search campaign benefit Lisa’s business?
- Potential customers will be automatically directed to her business website.
- Her business will have a competitive presence with similar businesses during searches.
- Her business will have a higher ranking in organic search results.
- Ads for her business will appear across a variety of digital and traditional media.
Question 19 .Jennifer is looking to limit the number of people who see her Google Search ad for an all-inclusive holiday to Paris. She doesn’t want to match with people looking for anything else — just ‘all-inclusive holiday Paris’. So she limits who sees her ad using the exact match type.
Which search terms might match with Jennifer’s ad?
- All-inclusive holiday
- All-inclusive family Paris holiday
- All-inclusive Paris trip
- Best all-inclusive holiday
Question 20 .Theo is looking to improve his Google Search Ads campaign. On his Google Ads Recommendations page, he notices that his Google Search campaign has an optimisation score of 75%.
What does this mean?
- The campaign is performing 25% under budget.
- The campaign is performing better than 75% of all search campaigns.
- The campaign score has 75% headroom to improve.
- The campaign score has 25% headroom to improve.
Question 21 .Layla is learning about the benefits of using search ad extensions and has come to know that they can help to increase user engagement.
What are two other benefits that search ad extensions can contribute to performance? (Choose two.)
- Faster-loading landing pages
- Better ad quality
- Dynamic video insertion
- More qualified leads
- Attractive video assets
Question 22 .What is a main benefit of using Search Audience solutions?
- They automatically generate new keyword and ad content suggestions.
- They identify ad extension opportunities to improve average click-through rates.
- They can help send the right message to the right customer with the right bid.
- They get detailed analytical insights about Search Network performance.
Question 23 .Laverne has created her first Google Search campaign for her yoga school. She selects the Google Search Network and by default, Google Search partners.
Which benefit will she gain by appearing on Google Search partners?
- Enables her to partner with other similar businesses.
- Increases the geographic distribution of her ad.
- Extends her reach to additional sites.
- Allows her to reach all device types.
Question 24 .John’s Plumbing prides itself on excellent customer service, especially during after-hours service calls. They want to connect with people who need emergency plumbing services in the middle of the night.
Which criteria should John’s Plumbing configure to meet this goal?
- Ad scheduling
- Ad extensions
Question 25 .Bob’s electronics company is launching the sale of a new television, UltraView1000. Bob decides to use phrase match in his Search Ads campaign because he wants searches that contain UltraView1000 to show his ad.
How else will phrase match benefit Bob’s campaign?
- Bob’s ad will be shown on searches for television features that are similar to UltraView1000.
- Bob’s ad will be shown on searches for televisions that came to market at the same time as UltraView1000.
- Bob’s ad will be shown on searches for UltraView1000 and additional words before and after.
- Bob’s ad will be shown on searches with only UltraView1000 included in them, with no additional words.
Question 26 .Which of the following goals can you achieve for your marketing campaign by using automated bidding?
- Target specific devices exclusively.
- Choose what time of day your ads will appear.
- Reach the right user with the right message at the right time.
- Control the cost of each click.
Question 27.Francine is advertising her company’s newest video-editing software and related products. She knows that best practice is to create 3–5 ads in each of her search ad groups.
Why does Google make this recommendation?
- More ads in an ad group means more options for success in an auction.
- More ads in an ad group increases the chances of more than one ad being shown per auction.
- More ads in an ad group means lower bounce rates for landing pages.
- More ads in an ad group means that they receive a higher quality scor
Question 28 .How is using non-last-click attribution conversions useful for Performance Planner forecasts?
- To allocate budgets that drive incremental conversions
- To find growth opportunities regarding device targeting
- To take advantage of seasonal trends throughout the year
- To identify the most profitable location targeting
Question 29;You can leverage Google Ads’ automated bidding strategy to help get the most from your advertising budget.
What are two benefits of using automated bidding? (Choose two.)
Select All Correct Responses
- Machine learning
- Manual control
- Auction-time bidding
- Bidding suggestions
- Sitelink extensions
Question 30 .Mario owns a shop that sells skateboard equipment. Mario understands that people are most likely to notice his headline text in a text ad.
What should Mario include in his headline?
- A phone number where customers can contact him
- The physical address of his shop
- Messaging that includes ‘Click here!’
- At least one of his keywords
Question 31 .Ben is currently managing a campaign that has a total investment of £7,000, generates 1,400 conversions and has a CPA (cost per acquisition) of £5. Ben needs to sell excess inventory. To meet this goal, he’s willing to increase his CPA and campaign investment.
Which of the following plans, built in the Performance Planner, will assist Ben in achieving his marketing goal of selling excess inventory?
- An investment of £9,600 to generate 1,600 conversions with a CPA of £6
- An investment of £8,400 to generate 1,400 conversions and a CPA of £6
- An investment of £9,100 to generate 1,300 conversions and a CPA of £7
- An investment of £9,800 to generate 1,400 conversions and a CPA of £7
Question 32 .You want to increase the relevance of a Google Search ad so that it’s more meaningful to potential customers and provides value-added information to their searches.
What two actions might improve the relevance of your ad? (Choose two.)
Select All Correct Responses
- Posting transparency statements on the website
- Selecting only relevant languages in campaign setup
- Rewriting the landing page for clarity
- Changing the ad’s call-to-action statement
- Selecting distinct geographic areas
Question 33.What are two ways in which Dynamic Search Ads brings value to an advertising campaign? (Choose two.)
Select All Correct Responses
- It allows for greater control over keywords.
- It reduces the required advertising budget.
- It promotes advertising on social media platforms.
- It finds traffic that an advertiser might miss.
- It creates new ads automatically.
Question 34 .Tim is looking to buy a new skateboard. He goes to Google Search to research and purchase the best skateboard that he can find.
Organise the following steps into a logical order to describe how Tim’s interaction with Google Search Ads would occur from start to finish.
- Tim browses different skateboards on the website that he navigated to.
- Tim makes a purchase from the website that he navigated to.
- Tim scans the search results.
- Tim launches a Google Search ad.
- Tim searches for ‘best skateboards’.
Question 35 .Maria has been told that she should use the Performance Planner on a monthly basis.
Why should she do so?
- To check for status issues.
- To analyse demographic performance.
- To react to ever-changing external factors.
- To review new keyword opportunities.
Question 36 .You’d like to improve an ad’s perceived quality during an ad auction.
What aspect of the ad will be most beneficial for you to work on?
- Removing an extension from the ad
- Improving the navigability of the landing page
- Determining the location of users
- Increasing the bid amount of the ad
Question 37 .Tomacz wants to use a Google Search Ads campaign to capture the attention of customers searching for camping equipment online.
What’s a key benefit of a well-managed Google Search Ads campaign?
- Ads send follow-up information to the potential customer.
- Ads appear intermixed with organic search results.
- Potential customers can search the ads for specific products.
- Displayed ads are relevant to a potential customer’s Google search.
Question 38 .What does adding callout extensions to your Google Search ads enable you to do?
- Direct users to specific pages of your website.
- Gives you the option of driving traffic to your website or to the app store from a single text ad.
- Extend ads with a phone number, allowing mobile users to directly call your business.
- Highlight information about value-adding attributes of your business, products or services.
Question 39.In-Market Audiences allow the opportunity to specifically identify what kind of user?
- Someone who is in the mindset to buy
- Someone who writes content about a topic
- Someone who has an interest in a topic
- Someone who has a passion for a topic
Question 40 .When creating a text ad for the Search Network, advertisers will need to include three distinct components. These include the headline and the URL.
What else must the advertiser include?
- The landing page
- The description
- The analytics
- The site tag
Question 41.Singh’s marketing company has created an enticing ad that receives many clicks.
What effect is the ad likely to have on the Google Ads auction?
- The higher expected click-through rate will lead to a higher Ad Rank.
- The advertiser will receive more bids in the auction.
- The quality of the ad will ensure that the ad’s cost per click will be reduced by at least 40%.
- The ad will lead to a higher cost per click for the advertiser.
Question 42 .An algorithm that looks across key aspects of your accounts calculates your Google Search Ads optimisation score. This score helps give you recommendations on how to optimise your Search Ads campaigns.
What are two of the data sources that are used to calculate optimisation recommendations? (Choose two)
Select All Correct Responses
- Account executives
- Industry data
- Company sales figures
- User-generated scenarios
- Campaign settings
Question 43.Peggy owns a house-cleaning service. She’s built a booking website and is ready to promote her services online. She wants her ads to reach people who are actively looking for businesses that are similar to hers.
Which Google Ads campaign should Peggy use to make sure that potential customers consider her services and take action by booking house cleaning?
Question 44 .Leo is in charge of advertising for the clothing lines of a large manufacturer. He uses his Google Ads Recommendations page to help him evaluate his Search Ads campaigns.
Which feature makes the optimisation recommendations valuable for Leo?
- The recommendations only apply to selected keywords.
- The recommendations provide general best practices from Google.
- The recommendations don’t take into account campaign settings.
- The recommendations are tailored to the specific account.
Question 45.When should you use Remarketing Lists for Search Ads?
- To reach out to new customers who share the behaviours and characteristics of your remarketing audience segments
- To identify loyal customers and expand the reach to those who resemble your customers
- To reach people who have already engaged with your website in the past
- To reach people based on advanced demographic criteria
Question 46 .A water-sports company specialises in custom-made watercrafts and accessories. Their marketing manager decides to use the broad match keyword, ‘boat’. The manager then adds ‘paddle’ as a broad match modifier.
Which two searches may prompt the marketing manager’s ad? (Choose two.)
Select All Correct Responses
- Boats and ships
- Rowing boat paddling
- A green boat paddle
- Boat adventure
- Travel on a paddle ship
Question 47.When are automated extensions, such as Seller Ratings, shown?
- When an automated extension campaign is created.
- When an advertiser manually opts in to receive them.
- When an account is whitelisted for them.
- When Google predicts that they’ll improve ad performance.
Question 48 .Which user data can be uploaded when creating a Customer Match strategy? (Choose two.)
Select All Correct Responses
- Employment status
- Highest level of education
- E-mail address
- Mailing address
Question 49 .You’ve been tasked with marketing a new line of plumbing services, but you have a set budget that you can’t exceed.
Why is Google Ads a viable option?
- Google Ads guarantees phone calls to your business.
- Google Ads offers separate auctions for low budgets.
- Google Ads gives you control over your budget.
- Google Ads allows you to cap the number of ads that you pay for, based on your business.
Question 50 .Marta has a tight marketing budget and needs to use a strategy that can drive customers to her website for a set cost.
Which bidding strategy has the potential to meet Marta’s needs?
- Target impression share
- Target cost per acquisition (tCPA)
- Target return on ad spend (tROAS)
- Maximise clicks