Digital India Free Certificate |Ideate for India – Government Certificate for Everyone
‘Ideate for India – Creative Solutions Using Technology’, a national challenge by the National eGovernance Division, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India, and Intel India is one such initiative to spread awareness and make the future citizens understand how they can participate and contribute in this movement.
The challenge aims to make the young students understand the importance of technology and give them a platform, where they can be innovation creators.
In brief, the challenge urges students to identify problems in and around them and then create solutions using technology. In this process, students will be supported with online learning content, face-to-face boot camps and mentoring by tech experts etc.
The objective of this National Challenge is to empower youth and enable them to create a difference in their community-
- By skilling them to reimagine solutions to solve local critical issues
- By inspiring them to become future technology creators and innovators by developing indigenous solutions
Themes for the contest :
- The challenge will be implemented at national level – open to school students from classes 6 – 12 across the country
- There will be 11 core theme areas across which students can share their ideas/solutions
- There will be 2 categories – Junior (classes 6–8) and Senior (classes 9-12)
- In phase I – Students will access curated online videos and submit their proposed solutions/ideas in an online format as a video. Top 10 ideas will be shortlisted from each State and UT – leading to a total of 360 students
- In phase II – 10 children selected as top performers per State and UT will be invited for a regional Tech-Creation Boot Camp.
- Each group of 5 students will be escorted by their computer teacher/ guardian for the boot camp. Travel, accommodation and boarding for students and guardians will be taken care of by the organisers
- In phase III – 50 students will be selected based on their tech-creations being implemented in the community and invited to New Delhi for the National Showcasing and felicitated as Tech-Creation Champions.
- Please note: All tools, materials and logistics for boot camps and national showcase will be taken care of by the organisers.
The challenge will have three phases:
- Students access online learning content
- Submit their Idea through a 90 seconds video sharing proposed solution in any of the 11 core theme areas
- Receive an online participation certificate for viewing featured learning content and appreciation certificate for idea submission
- An external panel of judges and mentors evaluate the submitted ideas
- 10 students per State/ UT get selected
- Total 360 students get invited for phase II
- 5 residential boot camps will be organised across North, South, East, West and North- East India
- Each camp will be of 4 days with face to face judging interviews
- Mentoring will be provided post boot camp to ensure the ideas mature as prototypes
- 50 students will get selected and invited to a national event for showcasing the prototypes implemented in communities
- Top 50 students attend and present prototypes at the national showcasing event and will be declared as Tech Creation Champions
Certificate of Appreciation :
Any idea whether it is a revolutionary idea or a stepping stone in the direction of solving problems of the community are is worth appreciating. Once you submit your 90-second explainer video you will be rewarded with the Certificate of Appreciation.
Certificate of Participation:
Once all the learning sessions are completed thoroughly you will earn official recognition for your active participation and effort. You may even share it with your friends and family!