The free exam consists of 27 questions — you’ll be given 30 minutes to answer them. You must answer 70% of the questions correctly in order to pass. You’ll be tested on your knowledge of competitive analysis and keyword research, namely, strategies, tactics, and concepts. You can retake the exam as many times as you like.
Competitive Analysis and Keyword Research Test
Question 1 : Which position change will potentially lead to a higher traffic boost?
- from 51 to 30
- from 11 to 10
- from 91 to 40
Question 2 :You are running a brand new website, and are now analyzing your competitor’s website to build your initial keyword list. Choose two optimal scenarios.
- Explore the Organic Research Positions tab to find relevant keywords your competitor is ranking for in top search results
- Make a list of keywords you think you should enrich your content with and then check them within the Keyword Difficulty tool
- Use Keyword Gap to discover the matches and differences in your and your competitor’s keyword profiles
Question 3 : Fill in the blanks. When it comes to content benchmarking, there are several tools that can help you out. _______ enables you to see how certain articles perform in terms of visibility and user engagement metrics. _______ helps find resources your competitors use to publish their content. _______ can help you find if a certain topic is covered by your competitors.
- Post Tracking, On Page SEO Checker, Brand Monitoring
- On Page SEO Checker, Post Tracking, Topic Research
- Brand Monitoring, Post Tracking, On Page SEO Checker
- Post Tracking, Brand Monitoring, Topic Research
Question 4 :Which metric indicates how hard it is to rank for a certain keyword in organic search?
- Competitive density
- Authority score
- Keyword difficulty
Question 5:Which report will give you the best idea of how to choose a partner that has the highest chance of bringing you the highest conversion in your target location?
- Traffic Overview in Traffic Analytics
- Keyword Gap
- Branded Traffic Trend in Domain Overview
- Position Changes in Organic Research
Question 6 :With the help of the Backlink Gap tool, you can find the list of high authority domains that refer to your competitors but not to you.
Question 7 :Which metric does the Y axis reflect on the Organic Position Distribution widget in Domain Overview?
- Amount of organic traffic
- Amount of paid traffic
- Number of organic keywords
- Number of unique visitors
- Number of paid keywords
Question 8 :What type of keywords will help you to enrich your website’s semantic core with synonyms and misspellings?
- Related keywords
- Broad match keywords
- Phrase match keywords
- Exact match keywords
Question 9 :Which reports deal with the keyword difficulty metric? Choose three answers.
- Keyword Manager
- Organic Research
- Traffic Analytics
- Backlink Gap
- Domain Overview
- Keyword Gap
Question 10 : What is the ‘Destination Sites’ report of Traffic Analytics all about?
- It shows the list of all websites the analyzed domain is linking to
- It shows the list of websites visited by users after leaving the analyzed domain
- It shows the list of websites visited by users prior to going to the analyzed domain
- It shows the list of all websites linking to the analyzed domain