About WBL Programme :
WBL candidates would undergo professional learning under the guidance of allocated Supervisor at NIELIT Bhubaneswar. The candidates would be reviewed midway and at the end of 6 months by the Technical Monitoring and Evaluation Committee and accordingly (a) certified for Level-1 and (b) recommended for selection for Level-2 WBL (6-months). Subsequent to completion of Level-2, the candidate would be certified for Level-2 WBL.
The main objective of this programme is to provide an opportunity to SC/ST/EWS/Women candidates to acquire Technical Skills in Emerging Technologies that make them industry-ready in the field of Technical Knowledge Expansion; Real-time Working Skills; Technology use; Problem Solving skills; Reasoning; Ideation; Analytical Thinking; Interpersonal Skills, etc. in a professional work environment. The selected candidates are mentored by the Scientists and experts at NIELIT Bhubaneswar.
The interns would gain rich experience by working in various NIELIT projects being executed at the State level and/ or National Level. The programme would also aim to achieve the following objectives:
- To facilitate SC/ST/EWS/Women candidates for the transition from the College environment to the Corporate world
- To provide direct practical experience and exposure to Fresh Graduates Engineers on Emerging Technologies & Future Skills
- To help candidates attain stability & making sync between theoretical studies and realistic job exposure through hands-on expertise in Design/Development Skills
- To enhance professional skills among the candidates in various areas.
WBL candidates would undergo learning in one of the following technologies:
- IT & Cyber Security
- Data Science
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Drone Technology
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
Candidates undergoing Work Based Learning (WBL) programmes would be issued monthly Stipend / remuneration by Implementing Organization, subject to a maximum of Rs. 10,000/- (per month per candidate) inclusive of all charges. In addition, provisions would also be there for 50% candidates to be recommended for continuation in Level-02 (6 months) WBL. (based on conditions of attendance and performance)
Who can apply?
Only SC/ ST/ EWS/ Women Candidates
- Passed out B.E./ B.Tech. or equivalent / M.Sc. / M.C.A. in last 2 years
- Pursuing B.E./B.Tech. 7th / 8th Semester (Must Submit NOC from College before Interview)
- Are available for a duration of 6 Months
- Have relevant skills and interests
Duration of Internship
Level – 1 WBL : 6 Months
Level – 2 WBL: 6 Months (Maximum of 50% of selected candidates who have successfully completed Level-01 to be provided an opportunity to carry out Level-2 WBL)
No. of seats
Total – 16 ( SC, ST, Woman, EWS )