Asian Development Bank Internship | ADB Internship Program
Asian Development Bank provides opportunities to graduate students to gain experience through ADB research Internship in multiple fields.
About ADB :
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines. ADB’s mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB’s main instruments for helping their developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
About the Internship :
The Internship Program is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate students to gain experience through research assignments based on ADB’s current operational needs. ADB advertises internship assignments twice a year and welcomes motivated, open-minded, and self-directed individuals to apply.
You will informed about the location or duty station of the internship via mail upon selection.
The duration should be a minimum of 8 weeks (56 days) and a maximum of 11 weeks for one internship assignment.
work in a major international development organization;
work collaboratively with experienced professionals from over 50 different countries;
gain a deeper understanding of development finance and the impact of the work ADB does; and
contribute to ADB’s business through research outputs.
A stipend is provided to all interns for the duration of the internship.
Exception to receiving stipend would be interns who fall under the special arrangement category between select schools and ADB.
The interested candidate must:
- Enrolled in a Master’s- or PhD-level program at a school in one of the ADB member nations, both prior to and after the internship assignment;
- Engaged in academic study in a field directly related to ADB’s work;
- be a national of one of ADB’s members;
- possess an excellent command of English; and
- have professional experience relevant to the assignment.
- Application Period: 15 December 2022 to 15 February 2023
- On board: June 2023 onwards
Selection Process :
- ADB announces the assignments on the website and candidates choose assignments of interest.
- Candidates apply through ACES, prepare for their CVs and answer the essay questions.
- All documents (CV and essay) are uploaded to ACES to complete application.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- To avoid errors in submission, applicants are advised not to wait until the last day of the application period in submitting their internship applications.
- ADB evaluates applications based on: eligibility requirements, relevance of academic study and work experience; and the level of interest and motivation to contribute to development work. ADB also considers institutional representation, gender, and nationality balance in the over-all intern selection process.