CARA, in collaboration with MyGov, is hosting an ‘Adoption Awareness Quiz Contest’ to sensitize people towards the safety & belongingness of children and make them aware of the legal process of adoption under the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015 (amended in 2021).
About Quiz :
Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) is a statutory body of the Ministry of Women & Child Development, Government of India. It functions as the nodal body for the adoption of Indian children and is mandated to monitor and regulate in-country and inter-country adoptions under the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Child) Act, 2015 (amended in 2021). CARA is designated as the Central Authority to deal with inter-country adoptions in accordance with the provisions of the Hague Convention on Inter-country Adoption, 1993, ratified by the Government of India in 2003.
CARA primarily deals with the adoption of orphan, abandoned and surrendered children through its associated /recognized adoption agencies. Every year, November is marked as Adoption Awareness Month. With an objective of promoting and making people aware of legal adoption and safe abandonment/surrendering. CARA is trying to reach a larger population. All states are encouraged to organize events in November to draw attention to adoption-related issues. This year the emphasis is on the adoption of children who are older children, children with special needs or children currently in foster care.
1. To enhance participants’ awareness about the legal process of child adoption.
2. To promote the legal process of adoption that safeguards the rights of Abandoned, Surrendered and Orphaned children.
3. To foster an understanding of why we need to know about the legal process of child adoption and the safe surrendering of a child.
4. To motivate people about the adoption of older children/Special needs children/ children in foster care, because they too need to belong.
- The Top 15 Winners will be rewarded with a cash prize of Rs 3000/- each.
- Certificate of Participation will be provided to all the participants.