Finally the wait is over . Glenmark launches the cure of the coronavirus .It is an antiviral drug which is being sold out at just Rs 103/tablet.
India-based Glenmark Pharmaceuticals has released antiviral medication Favipiravir, which will be marketed under the brand name FabiFlu, for the treatment of patients with mild to moderate Covid-19 symptoms, in the middle of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic that has spread to more than 185 countries worldwide.
It has been stated that FabiFlu is the first oral Favipiravir approved medicine for the treatment of Covid 19.Finally its high time for us to fight back the disease. Good days are back,well we can say that!
Lets get into some details of Covid-19 Cure Medication:
* During clinical trials, the medication recorded up to 88 percent improvement in mild to moderate patients with coronavirus, making it the first oral antiviral drug available to treat Covid-19 patients
* The company said on Saturday :The medicine will be available nationally by early next week”. The medication must be available for sale in hospitals and specialty stores, and will be prescribed under strict medical supervision. Its sale will only be permitted when a doctor has a valid medical prescription.
* The package will contain 34 oral tablets of around 200 mg each which will cost 3500 indian rupee while the treatment will cost around Rs 14000 approximately.
* Each tablet price has been fixed by Rs 103 .
*The Prescription will be like : 3600 mg on day one ,then1600 mg on day two and will further exceed upto 14 days duration
* Consent from the family and patient will be required to start off the treatment
* The medicine may be given to patients with coronavirus between the 18 and 75 age groups.
* Glenmark Pharmaceuticals announced on Friday that it has received approval from India’s central drug regulator to manufacture and market FabiFlu as an oral antiviral drug for the treatment of mild to moderate Covid-19 patients across the country.