Make My Trip Padhte Raho Badhte Raho Scholarship for Covid Affected Students | Benefits of 50,000 per year | Check out the details
About the Program
‘MakeMyTrip Foundation ‘Padhte Raho, Badhte Raho’ Scholarship’ is an initiative of MakeMyTrip Foundation to support ‘continuity in education’ for the students who lost their parent(s) during the pandemic. Under this scholarship program, students pursuing education at school, graduation or post-graduation level, will be provided with fixed financial assistance ranging from INR 24,000 to INR 50,000, to cover their academic expenses, for a minimum of 1 year and maximum of 4 years. Students whose deceased parent(s) were employed in the tourism and hospitality sector will be given preference.
MakeMyTrip Foundation aims to be a catalyst for positively impacting destinations, people and the environment, by promoting sustainable travel and tourism practices. While a number of their projects focus on the same, the Foundation has also been very active in relief work in times of national crisis. The pandemic was no different, and the Foundation undertook a lot of relief work in response to the same. Through this initiative, the MakeMyTrip Foundation aims to ensure the continuity of education of children from families that were impacted during the pandemic, especially those from the travel and tourism sector.
- Students who lost their parent(s) during the COVID-19 pandemic are eligible.
- Applicants must be studying in Classes 1st to 12th, graduation or post-graduation programs in India.
- Annual family income of applicants must not be more than INR 6,00,000 from all sources.
- Open for Indian nationals only.
- Applicable for students enrolled in the academic year 2021-22 and 2022-23.
NOTE: Preference will be given to students whose deceased parent(s) were employed in the tourism and hospitality sector. Benefits:
- For students in Classes 1st to 8th – INR 24,000
- For students in Classes 9th to 12th – INR 30,000
- For graduation and post-graduation students – INR 50,000
Note: Scholarship funds can be utilized only for academic purposes which include tuition fees, hostel fees, food, internet, training material, books, stationery, online learning, etc.Documents
- A government-issued identity proof (Aadhaar card/voter id card/driving license/PAN card)
- Current year admission proof (fee receipt/admission letter/institution identity card/bonafide certificate)
- Crisis document: Death certificate of parent(s)
- Hospitality sector proof: Bonafide declaration by the employer of the deceased parent(s)
- Reference of person(s) who knows the family’s crisis (can be a school teacher, doctor, head of school, college, or a government officer, etc.)
- Bank account details of applicant (or parent)
- Photograph of the applicant