ISRO Free Online Course on Basics of Remote sensing, GIS & GNSS technology and their applications | ISRO free Certificate – Limited Seats | Anyone Can Apply
Basics of Remote Sensing, Geographical Information System (GIS) and Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) is a 15 week course conducted by IIRS, ISRO. The course constitutes 75 learning hours spread across four modules namely Basics of Remote Sensing, Global Navigation Satellite System, Geographic Information System and Applications of Geopspatial technology.
About the Course :
The course includes principles of GIS technology with an overview of GIS, Geographic Phenomena, Data Inputting and Editing in GIS, GIS Data Models, GIS System Architecture, Geographic Data Standards and Policies, Topology and Spatial Relationship, Spatial Data Analysis, Spatial Data Quality, Spatial Data Errors, Map Projection and Advanced Geospatial Modeling. The free and open source software will be used as a platform for demonstrations and development.
Also Read : Research Associate Under MeitY Funded Project at NIT Warangal
- The course will be conducted from 24 January to 9 May 2022.
- The course also carries 4 credit points, which may be beneficial for students.
- Participants will be required to take the course over Laptop or Desktop as free and open-source software will be used as a platform for demonstrations and development.
Course layout :
The course consist of 4 Modules namely :
1. Remote Sensing and Digital Image Analysis : Basic Principles of Remote Sensing, Earth Observation Sensors and Platforms, Spectral Signature of different land cover features, Image interpretation, Thermal & Microwave Remote Sensing, Digital Image Processing: Basic Concepts of Rectification and Registration, Enhancement, Classification and accuracy assessment techniques.
2. Global Navigation Satellite System : Introduction to GPS and GNSS, receivers, processing methods, errors and accuracy.
3. Geographical Information System : GIS, databases, topology, spatial analysis and open source software.
4. RS and GIS Applications: Agriculture and Soil, Forestry and Ecology, Geoscience and Geo-hazards, Marine and Atmospheric Sciences, Urban and Regional Studies and Water Resources.
Also Read : Unsupervised Machine Learning with Python Free Course with Certificate
Course certificate :
The course includes 4 modules. At the end of each module you will have to appear for an assignment/quiz. The final examination will be conducted at the end of the course. The certificate will be issued based on internal and final marks obtained.