Hi everyone, IISc Banglore launches free online course on Design for the Internet of Things on the platform of NPTEL so that the participants can improve their skills to cope with the current demand of IT industries and solve many problems in their own field of studies.
|Duration :||8 weeks|
|Start Date :||26 Jul 2021|
|End Date :||17 Sep 2021|
|Exam Date :||26 Sep 2021 IST|
|Enrollment Ends :||02 Aug 2021|
|Category :||Electrical, Electronics and Communications EngineeringControl and Instrumentation|
About the Course :
An overview of IOTs, design of smart objects that provide collaboration and ubiquitous services will be explored. Design for longevity/energy efficiency will be highlighted. Step by step system design will be introduced. Small video chips that will allow students to prototype will be displayed. At the end of the course, the student is expected to make the right choice of hardware, software and protocols for the proposed application.
- Week-1:Introduction to IoT – Definition, Applications, Challenges – Unique ID, Power, Security, Location
- Week-2:Addressing the Power challenge – RFID, Energy harvesting, Battery based systems, Power management systems
- Week-3:System design for low power – LDO, DC-DC converters, low power software
- Week-4:Sensors and actuators – Temperature sensor, Air quality, Solenoid valves
- Week-5:Power management algorithms
- Week-6:IoT protocols – MQTT, COAP, and Websockets with associated applications
- Week-7:Low power wireless technologies – BLE, IEEE 802.15.4e, Wi-Fi
- Week-8:Low Power Wire area technologies – NBIoT, CAT – LTE-M1, , LORA
The course is free to enroll and learn from. But if you want a certificate, you have to register and write the proctored exam conducted by us in person at any of the designated exam centres.
The exam is optional for a fee of Rs 1000/- (Rupees one thousand only).
Date and Time of Exams: 26 September 2021 Morning session 9am to 12 noon; Afternoon Session 2pm to 5pm.
CRITERIA TO GET A CERTIFICATE
Average assignment score = 25% of average of best 6 assignments out of the total 8 assignments given in the course.
Exam score = 75% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100
Final score = Average assignment score + Exam score
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A CERTIFICATE ONLY IF AVERAGE ASSIGNMENT SCORE >=10/25 AND EXAM SCORE >= 30/75. If one of the 2 criteria is not met, you will not get the certificate even if the Final score >= 40/100.
Certificate will have your name, photograph and the score in the final exam with the breakup.It will have the logos of NPTEL and IISc Bangalore.It will be e-verifiable at nptel.ac.in/noc.