GeoData Processing using Python | ISRO IIRS Latest Course
About the Course :
Today large amount of satellite imagery and geospatial data collected from different sources is vailable at free of cost. Satellite imagery combined with power of Geographic information System can be a great tool for supporting environmental management, disasters, global climate change, natural resources, wildlife, land cover and many other applications.
Processing this vast amount of data in time and space efficient manner and deriving useful information and knowledge from data is one of the most challenging aspect of geospatial technology.
ISRO invites you to attend this training program on Geoprocessing and visualization on web platforms.
Dates of the Program :
The course is scheduled from January 17-28, 2022.
- Overview of GIS and different geospatial data types
- Overview to Python programming using
- Introduction anaconda and Jupyter notebook
- Raster data processing, resampling and analysis
- Vector data processing and analysis
- Geo-spatial data visualization on web
- Familiarization to various open source geospatial data
- processing libraries e.g. GDAL, Geopandas etc.
The candidates who want to participate in the course should be a student of final year undergraduate course or postgraduate course (any year).Technical/Scientific Staff of Central/State overnment/Faculty/researchers at university/institutions are also eligible to apply for this
Pre requisites :
- Knowledge of Basics of Remote Sensing and GIS
- Basic knowledge of computer programming preferably in python
Working Professionals and Students: Based on 70% attendance and 40% in the online examination