ISRO Launched MOOC Courses | Free International Certificate for Students -ISRO Free Certification Courses
About the Offer:
Hello Everyone! ISRO has recently announced a free course on “Geospatial Applications for Disaster Risk Management” for all the learners. Its a great opportunity for all the students to grab a free online International certification course from ISRO.
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC)
Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) under Indian Space Research Organisation, Department of Space, Government of India is a premier Training, Educational and Research Institute established for capacity building in the fields of Geospatial Technology for Natural Resources, Environmental and Disaster Management. The Institute is running many on-campus short and long term capacity building programmes.
To further enhance the outreach of geospatial technology, IIRS, ISRO offers Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) for international participants. MOOC is based on the principle of self-paced user centric learning and aims to link learners from across the globe with educators and provides user and discussion forums to support interactions among students in collaborative learning platform. IIRS MOOC’s aims to enhance the participant’s capabilities related to the use of geospatial and Earth observation technologies and its applications in various thematic domain. The learning contents for MOOC are delivered by internationally renowned Subject Matter Experts and includes customized video sessions, 2D and 3D animations, SCROM packages, lecture notes and presentations as study material.
Target Audience :
- Government officials and professionals, educators, university students and other stakeholders working in the field of disaster management.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate students of any stream are eligible to apply.
Course Fee : Course is Free
Opportunities for participants attending the MOOC
- Access to experiences of experts from institutions and practitioners around the world involved directly in DRR.
- Insight into international frameworks related to disaster management,sustainable development and climate change from organizations such as the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA), and mechanisms like the International Charter “Space and Major Disasters”
- Unleash the potential of open datasets and tools needed for disaster risk management
- Access to the methodologies for effective utilization of space-based and other geospatial information for disaster risk reduction and emergency response
Important Dates :
- Opening Date – June 01, 2021 from 1830 hrs IST
- Closing Date –
August 15, 2021November 15, 2021 (Date Revised)
Yes, there would be a free verified certificate by “ISRO, United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs, and the Centre for Space Science and Technology Education in the Asia Pacific” to all the candidates, if they candidates complete the module.