IELTS Practice Test – Solved Questions and Answers – Free English Language Certificate
Arrange the following scrambled sentences in order to form a meaningful paragraph.
The Correct order of the above sentences is *
choose the correct answer.
1.You wish to say something in an ongoing group discussion. How do you interrupt? *
Excuse me! Let me ask you…..
Sorry to interrupt, but can I ……
Raise your hand and say “Hello”
according to me….
- You met your friend who met with an accident. What would you say to him? *
How happend ?
I am sorry.
wish you a speedy recovery!
what a pity!
- Your friend wants to borrow your bike. What would you say to him? *
keep it up.
by all means
not at all.
- What would be your response if your colleague apologized for his mistake?
a) Never mind, it happens….
b) It’s fine
- How do you disagree with someone in a discussion? *
a) I’m afraid I seem to have a little different opinion on this…
b) I don’t like your point of view
c) You are wrong
Read the pie diagram below and answer the questions it fallows.
- The above chart represents _ *
a) Number of bookstores
b) Books being sold in a bookstore
c) Sale of bookstore
b) Books being sold in a bookstore
- Why is there a vast difference between the sales of books on poetry and drama? *
a) There are more voracious readers of drama as compared to poetry
b) Poetry is more relishable
c) Drama is not a better choice
- Books on horror are equally sold as books on *
a) Romance, travel and biography together
b) Drama, religion and biography together
c) Romance and health together
- Which genre books take the sales of quarter percent? *
- The above chart is called a _ *
a) Pie chart
b) Flow chart
c) Bar diagram
- According to the Pie chart, books on health _ 7% of sales. *
b) Accounts for
c) Accounts up
- From the pie chart, it is evident that books on biography _ 5% of total sales. *
a) Makes up
b) Makes for
- According to the chart, books on health are sold _ the books on biography *
a) Slight over
c) Slightly over
- Sales of books on travel are _ the same as . *
a) Exactly, ‘others’
b) ‘Others’, exactly
c) Half of , poetry
- A pie chart is a circular statistical graph with _. *
Listen to the shot video clip carefully before answering the questions.
- The story gives you an insight into the __ of our lives. *
- The man took a pair of scissors and snipped off the remaining bit of _. *
b) Shriveled wings
- The man snipped off the cocoon in __. *
a) Haste and foolishness
b) Kindness and haste
c) Kindness and misunderstanding
- The butterfly could not fly because of _. *
a) The man’s kindness and stupidity
b) Swollen body and shriveled wings
c) It was not ready for flight
- Struggles and obstacles make us _. *
- One day, a big opening appeared in the cocoon. *
- Select the substitute for the word shriveled *
- Select the antonym for CRIPPLE *
- Select a phrasal verb which means SNIPPED OFF *
a) Cut off
b) Put off
c) Break off
10.Given below or six statements.Three of them are true choose the correct three statements *
The butterfly spent the rest of its life flying successfully.
The man was cruel and violent.
The man continue to watch the butterfly
The butterfly never was able to fly due to the man’s haste.
One day a big opening appeared.
Grammar and vocabulary
Each question carries 2 marks.
- Andrew apologised______ being late *
- Would you like______ milk with your cookies? *
b. a few
- _ your mother _________sandwiches? *
c. does/ making
d. was/ make
- Agrawals _____________in Hyderabad __________2000 *
a. has been living/ since
b. have been living/ for
c. had been lived / since
d. have been living/ since
- Enormous (Give the Antonym) *
- The small child does whatever his father __. *
a. has done
- To drive home (idiomatic expression meaning) *
a.to find one’s roots
b. to return to place of rest
c .back to original position
d. to emphasise
- Ravishing(choose the synonym) *
- Who is creating this mess? (Change the voice) *
a. Who has been created this mess?
b. by whom Is this mess being created?
C. by whom this mess is being created?
D. by whom has this mess being created?
- A person of good understanding knowledge and reasoning power (give one word substitute) *