Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan is a government scheme meant for old age protection and social security of Small and Marginal Farmers (SMF)
All Small and Marginal Farmers having cultivable landholding up to 2 hectares falling in the age group of 18 to 40 years, whose names appear in the land records of States/UTs as on 01.08.2019 are eligible to get benefit under the Scheme.
Under this scheme, the farmers would receive a minimum assured pension of Rs 3000/- per month after attaining the age of 60 years and if the farmer dies, the spouse of the farmer shall be entitled to receive 50% of the pension as family pension. Family pension is applicable only to spouse.
- On the maturity of the scheme, an individual will be entitled to obtain a monthly pension of Rs. 3000/-. The pension amount helps pension holders to aid their financial requirements.
- The applicants between the age group of 18 to 40 years will have to make monthly contributions ranging between Rs 55 to Rs 200 per month till they attain the age of 60.
- Once the applicant attains the age of 60, he/ she can claim the pension amount. Every month a fixed pension amount gets deposited in the pension account of the respective individual.
- For Small and Marginal Farmers
- Entry age between 18 to 40 years
- Cultivable land up to 2 hectares as per land records of the concerned State/UT
Should not be
- SMFs covered under any other statuary social security schemes such as National Pension Scheme (NPS), Employees’ State Insurance Corporation scheme, Employees’ Fund Organization Scheme etc.
- Farmers who have opted for Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana and National Pension Scheme for Traders and Self Employed Persons administered by the Ministry of Labour & Employment.
- Further, the following categories of beneficiaries of higher economic status shall not be eligible for benefits under the scheme:
- All Institutional Land holders
- Former and present holders of constitutional posts
- Former and present Ministers/ State Ministers and former/present Members of Lok Sabha/ Rajya Sabha/ State Legislative Assemblies/ State Legislative Councils, former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
- All serving or retired officers and employees of Central/ State Government Ministries/ Offices/Departments and their field units, Central or State PSEs and Attached offices/ Autonomous Institutions under Government as well as regular employees of the Local Bodies (Excluding Multi Tasking Staff / Class IV/Group D employees).
- All Persons who paid Income Tax in last assessment year.(f) Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and Architects registered with Professional bodies and carrying out profession by undertaking practice.
He/ She should possess
- Aadhaar card
- Savings Bank Account / PM- KISAN Account
Benefits to the family on death of an eligible beneficiary
During the receipt of pension, if an eligible beneficiary dies, his spouse shall be only entitled to receive fifty per cent of the pension received by such eligible beneficiary, as family pension and such family pension shall be applicable only to the spouse.
Benefits on disablement
If an eligible beneficiary has given regular contributions and become permanently disabled due to any cause before attaining his age of 60 years, and is unable to continue to contribute under this Scheme, his spouse shall be entitled to continue with the Scheme subsequently by payment of regular contribution as applicable or exit the Scheme by receiving the share of contribution deposited by such beneficiary, with interest as actually earned thereon by the Pension Fund or the interest at the savings bank interest rate thereon, whichever is higher.
Benefits on Leaving the Pension Scheme
- In case an eligible beneficiary exits this Scheme within a period of less than ten years from the date of joining the Scheme by him, then the share of contribution by him only will be returned to him with savings bank rate of interest payable thereon.
- If an eligible beneficiary exits after completion of a period of ten years or more from the date of joining the Scheme by him but before his age of sixty years, then his share of contribution only shall be returned to him along with accumulated interest thereon as actually earned by the Pension Fund or the interest at the savings bank interest rate thereon, whichever is higher.
- If an eligible beneficiary has given regular contributions and died due to any cause, his spouse shall be entitled to continue with the Scheme subsequently by payment of regular contribution as applicable or exit by receiving the share of contribution paid by such beneficiary along with accumulated interest, as actually earned thereon by the Pension Fund or at the savings bank interest rate thereon, whichever is higher
- After death of beneficiary and his or her spouse, the corpus shall be credited back to the fund.
HOW TO APPLY ?
Step 1: The Eligible SMFs desirous of joining the scheme shall visit nearest Common Service Centre (CSC).
Step 2: Following are the prerequisites for the enrollment process:
Savings Bank Account Number along with IFSC Code ( Bank Passbook or Cheque Leave/book or copy of bank statement as evidence of bank account ).
Step 3: Initial contribution amount in cash will be made to the Village Level Entrepreneur (VLE).
Step 4: The VLE will key-in the Aadhaar number, Name of beneficiary and Date of birth as printed on aadhaar card for authentication.
Step 5: The VLE will complete the online registration by filling up the details like Bank Account details, Mobile Number, Email Address, Spouse (if any) and Nominee details will be captured.
Step 6: System will auto calculate monthly contribution payable according to age of the Beneficiary.
Step 7: Beneficiary will pay the 1st subscription amount in cash to the VLE.
Step 8: Enrollment cum Auto Debit mandate form will be printed and will be further signed by the beneficiary. VLE will scan the same and upload it into the system.
Step 9: A unique Kisan Pension Account Number (KPAN) will be generated and Kisan Card will be printed.